Recent Topics

1 Feb 06, 2007 18:28    

What is the best strategy in terms of overall user and group permissions and per blog user and group permissions for setting up a site for a school with individual blogs for each subject? For instance, there will be an overall admin user - that's no problem - who sets up a blog for History, another for Geography and so on. I want students to be able to view all the blogs and add comments on any posting but not actually add postings. For each blog I want to be able to allow teachers to add postings to and edit only the blogs that concern them.

Described this way it sounds straightforward enough; but I'm finding a user I want to have Geography edit rights also seems to have them for History or has no edit rights at all. I think I might not be understanding what should be applied at user and what at group level.

Grateful for any helpful advice anyone can offer,
Nigel

2 Feb 06, 2007 19:02

I'll hit one part of this...I actually work in a computer lab at an elementary school and can speak towards students being able to add comments to any blog/post.

As long as you have comment moderation on (which is the default, I believe) then anyone from anywhere can comment on any blog or post which allows comments, but the comments do not appear until the Admin publishes them.

The way this works at my school is that anytime a student wants to leave a comment they can...but if it's not appropriate I simply Deprecate the comment and it never sees the light of day.

This way students don't need any special logins or groups/permissions to leave comments. It's as open and easy as possible.

Form is loading...