Recent Topics

1 Feb 13, 2007 04:58    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.2

I'm using b2 v 1.9.2 and want to remove the email link that allows people to email the comment author when comments are displayed. How can I do this? (BTW, it displays as an email icon you click on that allows you to "send email to comment author.")

Thanks!

2 Feb 13, 2007 12:44

Remove:

$Item->msgform_link( $Blog->get('msgformurl') );

from your skin.

[]'s
- Walter

3 Feb 13, 2007 17:55

Thank you, worked like a charm!

4 Feb 19, 2007 07:08

When I comment out this line in my _main.php, I lose the "email to post author" not the "email to comment author".

I don't mind people being able to email the originator of the post. I want to stop them from emailing the comment authors.

I'm not sure why this fix worked for someone else but has very different affects on mine. Any advice?
Thanks,
-Jeff

5 Feb 19, 2007 07:24

You need to find an extremely similar line in either skins/_feedback.php OR skins/yourskin/_feedback.php and remove it. It is not possible that removing it from skins/yourskin/_main.php removed the email envelope link from comments. The line you seek will be this one:

$Comment->msgform_link( $Blog->get('msgformurl') );

BTW you should also check both paths for _lastcomments.php because I believe you will find the same, or similar, line in it.

Oh and remember that the commenter had a choice to uncheck a box for that feature and chose to not uncheck it. It might not matter given that it is your blog to do with as you see fit, but it is possible that the commenter invites email from other visitors. Personally when I comment on a b2evo blog I uncheck the box.

6 Feb 19, 2007 07:30

I was able to remove the "email to comment author" link by commenting out the similar line in: _feedback.php but I am not sure if this is the proper place to be doing this. I know it worked but as Walter said, it should be in the skin.

7 Feb 19, 2007 07:44

You can copy that file from skins/ to skins/yourskin/ then un-comment it in the skins version. That way the mod will be entirely in your skin. As a general rule, the only time you'll have a copy of one of the files in skins/ is when your skin is customizing the feature in some way. Since removing the line is customizing it makes sense to import the file to your skins/yourskin/ folder. Groovy eh?

8 Feb 19, 2007 07:44

Apparently I sent my followup before I read your reply.

Thanks, that was what I did. I didn't realize it was in the skins directory (its getting late and I'm a bit too tired to be doing this!).

Everything seems good now. I did not notice any similar line in the _lastcomments.php file.

Thanks for your help,
-Jeff

9 Mar 03, 2007 05:51

How do I eliminate the option/checkbox that reads 'Allow message form (Allow users to contact you through a message form (your email will NOT be displayed.))' ?

10 Jun 05, 2007 23:27

I'm unable to comment out any code! I'm trying to do the same thing as quard but when I add the comment lines "//" nothing changes, the code still shows up! I'd like not to have to delete code until I'm sure I want it out for good. Any ideas?

11 Jun 06, 2007 01:10

What are you using to edit the files?

12 Jun 06, 2007 02:39

Up until now just the built in editor. I didn't think adding two slashes would be that tricky, but I guess it is. I have a few other editors that will color code it (like you posted in another topic as a suggestion) so I'll try that to see if I'm missing something.

13 Jun 06, 2007 03:12

I was editing the wrong _main.php. I found the proper one. It's not liking my changes, but at least I'm in the proper file now.

Thanks all for your help, sorry about the confusion.

14 Sep 02, 2007 01:12

Any way to keep this functionality but have it set by default to "No" for any users?

I'm getting complaints of people being spammed through this link.

15 Sep 02, 2007 01:46

I presume you are talking about the possibility to email the author of the comment.

[x]Allow message form (Allow users to contact you through a message form (your email will NOT be displayed.))

To disable the default ON, seek line 275 in ../blogs/skins/_feedback.php:

$comment_options[] = $Form->checkbox_input( 'comment_allow_msgform', true, T_('Allow message form'), array(
    'note' => '('.T_('Allow users to contact you through a message form (your email will NOT be displayed.)').')', 'tabindex' => 8 ) );

and change 'true' in 'false'.

In skins this default _feedback.php may be overridden by putting a changed _feedback.php in the skin's folder. You can do the same, but in any case you should check the folders of the important skins for alterations already made.

Good luck

Form is loading...