Recent Topics

1 Feb 24, 2007 16:54    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.1

Upon installation, there were several blogs already created as an illustration. I have edited some of those and created a couple of new ones using the admin tool (back office).

But, there is one blog, which is in the first position, called "Blog All." It has several entries in it (provided as examples). It is shown as my "/index.php?blog=1"

The Back Office tools don't seem to allow me to make any posts in the Blog All blog and I cannot find where to edit the posts, which are already there. Under the tabs for Write and Post, all blogs appear, except "Blog All," so I can't change anything.

On my listing of blogs, any the other blogs allow me to delete them, except "Blog All." I really don't need Blog All to appear on my pages at all.

How can I edit or delete the "Blog All" blog or just make it not show?

2 Feb 24, 2007 17:05

Did you read all the posts that came with the installation? Did you search either the forums or the manual for answers to this question? If you had you would probably know that you can't delete blog #1. You can stop if from being displayed in the bloglist by accessing your Blog settings tab then selecting that blog and unchecking the box for 'include in public blog list'. The reason you can't add any posts to that blog is because it has no categories. Add categories to that blog and you can post in it. The reason you can't edit any of the existing posts is because they're actually not part of that blog. They exist in a different blog and are being displayed in blog #1 because that's what blog #1 does: it aggregates all posts across all blogs.

Hey guess what. AFAICT blog #1 won't be unique like it is now. Eventually it'll be "just another blog". That doesn't help you right now though eh? For the present you can't delete it and it always shows all posts from all blogs.

Hope it helps!

3 Feb 24, 2007 17:36

Thanks Ed for your help. I now have the "blog all" hidden the way you indicated how to do it.

About searching... yes, I honestly diligently searched for this answer (obviously not enough, because I subsequently also found the answer in the manual just as you said). I really don't like to post a question when I should have been able to find the answer.

But, a problem exists with the phpbb board search mechanism. It is simply not very usable in most situations. A search for the term "blog all" revealed nothing. Many other variations that I entered, gave me lots of entries of many different subjects, but nothing about this specific subject.

However, about the manual. You are totally correct in your admonishment on this. I actually had never found the manual until your post. I thought there simply wasn't one, because there doesn't seem to be a link in the admin panel to it and I didn't realize it was right here in a top link on the site. After your answer to me... I did a look for it and found it. It is quite useful and I am going to spend some time reading it.

In the future, I will be checking the manual (now that I know it exists). But, thanks to you for going ahead and giving me the answer. That was very gracious of you.

4 Feb 24, 2007 22:38

Cool. Glad you got 'er going the way you want. Sometimes I give people a bit of a hard time about some stuff that, to be honest, most people miss. I also try to give the answer so's I'm not only a meanie ;)

Yeah searching here is kinda hard. As you've noted, it's the nature of the forum software. The downside of the manual is that sometimes outdated stuff is still in there. The downside of the default posts is that they go away before most folk begin to realize they have questions that were answered there. Never a dull moment eh?

Form is loading...