Recent Topics

1 Feb 26, 2007 01:42    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

How do I change the order of the posts in my blog.

Say I put one in a week ago.
Now I have put a few more on
Now I want to show the one a week ago on top.

3 Feb 26, 2007 05:56

samredman wrote:

Here is a topic thread that discusses how to make your posts appear in chronological order (oldest first):

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=10903

I saw that before I posted. It is no quite what I want.

See the problem is that I am running a company blog. The entries are being done by several people. The order that they should appear, I need the editor (me) to control.

So say posts are in the current order.

post 1/12/2006
post 1/11/2006
post 1/10/2006
post 1/9/2006
post 1/8/2006
post 1/7/2006
post 1/6/2006
post 1/5/2006

Now for some reason I want to have the order as

post 1/12/2006
post 1/6/2006
post 1/11/2006
post 1/10/2006
post 1/9/2006
post 1/8/2006
post 1/7/2006
post 1/5/2006

Can this be done?

4 Feb 26, 2007 15:30

AFAIK the only way to display the posts is chronologically, either ascending or descending. So unless the date is truly critical you can edit your skin to remove mention of date, then edit the date of the post to make them become the order you prefer. ... Actually come to think of it the database stores date created and date modified (though I don't know the names of the fields off-hand), so in theory you could possibly find a way to take advantage of that. Let it order the posts by whichever field it uses, then display the other date IF you want date information displayed in the post.

5 Mar 01, 2007 14:24

EdB wrote: ...you can edit your skin to remove mention of date, then edit the date of the post to make them become the order you prefer

Edb, you described an excellent solution to the situation described (requested) by the original thread starter. I had this exact need and what you came up with solved the problem (I just use that little calendar feature to create a new date or time so that the post appears in the sequence I need) . I have one blog where I don't show dates, but I need to insert new postings in between previous entries. It works great.

Plus, even on blogs where you leave the date showing on posts, it allows you to "re-order" a post (actually move it) to appear as though it was posted in the sequence you desire. This is especially useful if you are showing your posts in ascending order (oldest first). If having a phony date is a problem, a brief editor's note could be inserted at the top of the post explaining the reason for moving it (and telling the original date). This has lot of uses. I am surprised that Zimmermann didn't comment after your post, because this gives him exactly what he wanted.

Form is loading...