Recent Topics

1 Feb 27, 2007 06:12    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello been a while. stk the customizer extrodaniare has upgraded me to the latest version of b2evolution.

Is there a way to search for moderated comments awaiting publication. I am starting to get a lot of comments and it would be nice to be able to just search for the comments awaiting moderation instead of going through each post one at at time.

Thanks!

2 Mar 02, 2007 09:26

If you hit Admin > Posts > [blog] > Comments , you should see a list of all your recent comments

¥

3 Mar 02, 2007 10:09

The problem there is that we have no way to filter out the published ones. In other words, we can't see ONLY the drafts. This sounds like a hack waiting to happen. Hot diggity dawg ahm gonna pore me up a strong one and hack me up a wicked-phat "show me the drafts" hack. A skin hack mind you! "...only in the skins shall thee hack else thy hack-genes shall wither and die on the b2evolutionary tree..." was once written on a stoned tablet PC. Or summat :roll:

4 Mar 02, 2007 10:20

Wow that was fun! You might have to tweak this to match the details of your blog, but hey that's life. In your skins/yourskin/_main.php find your sidebar and add this bit then see if it actually works.

<?php if( is_logged_in() ) { // only logged in peeps get to see this ?>
<div class="bSideItem">
<h3>Draft Comments</h3>
<ul>
<?php 
$CommentList = & new CommentList( $blog, "'comment','trackback','pingback'", array('draft'), '', '', 'DESC', '', 99 );
$CommentList->display_if_empty( '<div class="bComment"><p>'.T_('Hooray!  There are no draft comments for this particular blog.').'</p></div>' );
while( $Comment = $CommentList->get_next() ) { // Loop through comments: ?>
	<li><?php $Comment->author('','') ?> on <a href="<?php $Comment->permanent_url(); ?>" title="permalink to comment"><?php $Comment->Item->title(); ?></a></li>
	<?php 
	} ?>
</ul>
</div>
<?php } ?>

What *should* happen is that a logged-in person will see an extra bit in the sidebar showing comments and trackbacks and pingbacks that are 'drafts'. Assuming you moderate comments that's probably the status you'll find your un-reviewed comments in.

The thing you might have to tweak is where it says "bSideItem" because your skin might call them something else. Aw what the heck: do it as-is and the worst that'll happen is it'll look ugly to you. Given that only logged in persons will see it I guess it's not the worst fate in the world.

Hey if you add some bling to your blog is it called blong?

5 Mar 02, 2007 10:25

Would this be a good time to mention that we have a plugin for this? :roll:

¥

6 Mar 02, 2007 10:33

Yes! I believe the question has come up a couple of times, so sharing a plugin (that's not bloated with, well, with stuff most plugins ¥åßßå's got anything to do with) would be a smashing idea. Not a smashing pumpkin: a smashing idea.

7 Mar 02, 2007 10:41

Hey, the only bloat in my plugins is the stuff between <?php and ?> :|

I think I need to nag Scott to go through all our plugins that are awaiting release and finish off the writeups :P

¥

8 Mar 02, 2007 10:48

¥åßßå wrote:

Hey, the only bloat in my plugins is the stuff between <?php and ?> :|

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Storm_Law be a bit patient. Once of us is slightly dronk and the other is on the other side of the Atlantic Oshun. My hack will provide relief, though I can easily imagine a plugin that will do the deed in a much cleaner fashion.

9 Mar 02, 2007 11:28

Thanks guys for your hard work! It would be real nice to be able to find unpublished comments without having to search every article!

Form is loading...