Recent Topics

1 Mar 12, 2007 19:06    

My b2evolution Version: b2evolution 1.9.2

Hi !
I downloaded in this moment b2evo with success (I think), but the quantity of problems I don't find answer in this sea of messages of the forums... and apparently all the answers go to the solution of entering the code and re-write it and for me as newbie is difficult...

This is my old html blog
http://www.eba-stats.com/coach...er.htm
as part of my site
http://www.eba-stats.com

This the b2evo (not published yet) which I downloaded today and done some things:
http://www.eba-stats.com/ebablogs/

1) I succedd to anul Blog all, now how I take off it's default condition ?
2) how I put the banner of the old blog to the new ?
3) how I put adesense in the central top os the blog ?
4) I downloaded plugin "am_extra_comment_plugin.zip" to spam and registered members, where is de "installer"?

To the beginning, first day, is sufficient by now....
Thanks in advance
Roberto

5 Mar 12, 2007 19:38

3) http://b2evolution.net/about/m...-money.php

does not explains HOW...

4) upload to folder ../blogs/plugins/ and it should appear in the plugin section of the back office (under the tools tab)

zipped, unzipped, WHAT to do ?

Thanks for the answer

6 Mar 13, 2007 00:25

1) I don't quit understand your question. Please explain what you want altered.
I noticed you have the All blog set as the English one. You shouldn't do that. Make an new blog in the backoffice and call that one the English blog. You can decide wheter you want the All blog to show up or not. Do not delete this All blog, just disable it in the back office. The All blog is an aggregate blog: it will show all posts from all blogs.
2) You seem to have succeded in placing the banner. In general: open the _main.php file of the skin you are using (or all _main.php files of all skins) and place the banner where you want it to appear.
3) This forum has a good search function. Try 'adsense' as searchquery and you'll end up with the answer to your question.
4) General plugin knowledge: yes, you should unzip any plugin. With the newer plugin you copy the complete folder to the ../blogs/plugins/ folder. With older plugins there will not be a folder but one or two files. These go in the same ../blogs/plugins/ folder.
In the backoffice a sucessfully copied plugin will show up under tools ->plugins. Some plugins need or want additional setup or toggle on/off. There should be a manual type of file accompanying the plugin.

7 Mar 13, 2007 01:25

Excellent Answer !
Thanks a lot....
Blog All is not the English One. English is Blog A and Spanish is Blog B
I suceeded to find the option of not showing Blog All.... but it continues to be the default...
I don't want to delete Blog All, only that not appears as default...
How ?

Roberto

8 Mar 13, 2007 01:36

I did it, this is what I read when I reach to "plugins":

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /home/ebaxst03/public_html/ebablogs/plugins/_test.plugin.php on line 510

Help !

9 Mar 13, 2007 08:02

fatal error: open ../blogs/conf/_basic_conf.php and add this line of code:

ini_set("memory_limit","12M");

If this doesn't work (due to server settings of your host) try to add this line to a .htaccess file in the ../blogs/ folder:

php_value memory_limit 16M

Sometimes it helps to delete plugins from the ../blogs/plugins/ folder that you are nor using. You can see which plugins are disabled in the Back Office: goto tools->plugins. There are two plugin lists: the once installed and all plugins. Some are not installed. These are candidates for removal.

EDIT: added last paragraph.

10 Mar 13, 2007 08:06

Your main blog in the link is the All blog, not the A blog. I think you got the two confused an accedentely disabled the A blog and not the All blog. The All blog has the posts in English *and* in Spanish. From your link I see no blog with *only* the English posts.

11 Mar 13, 2007 08:30

Blog All
Advanced > Media library > None
Blog A "English"
Advanced > Media library > Default
Blog B "Spanish"
Advanced > Media library > None

Blog all doesn't appears as option in the upper menu ! So is annuled, and I want the link to go directly to Blog A, so there will not be blog ALL at all !

In List appears blog all as default
and I want that this blog all NOT TO APPEaR AT ALL
making blog A ":English" as Default

Thank you

12 Mar 13, 2007 08:47

Check these settings:
goto Back Office -> Blog Settings

near the top you have this row:
"Blog Settings :: Display

[Blog All] [Blog A] [Blog B] [Linkblog]" Click [Blog All] goto Display find "List of public Blogs" check "Display public blog list:" -> ON check "Include in public blog list:" -> OFF Click [Blog A] goto Display find "List of public Blogs" check "Display public blog list:" -> ON check "Include in public blog list:" -> ON

13 Mar 13, 2007 08:53

EXACTLY AS WAS !
I understan ON is checked
OFF is unchecked.
That was the configuration now

14 Mar 13, 2007 08:57

azarober wrote:

I understan ON is checked
OFF is unchecked.

Yes.

The Media Library you mentioned is used when you upload a picture *in the post section*. There it asks for the media folder (where to put the picture) and the default for every single blog can be set in Advanced -> Media library.

15 Mar 13, 2007 09:00

and what to do there ? as in the last post above ?

I PUT THE THREE IN DEFAULT

16 Mar 13, 2007 09:12

"Automatic detection by index.phpMatch absolute URL or use default blog (Current default : Blog All)"

FOUND THIS IN THE THREE BLOGS UNCHECKED, PERHAPS THE MATTER IS CORRECTING INDEX.PHP ?

Form is loading...