Recent Topics

1 Mar 13, 2007 07:52    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

just wondering why the categories are not shown, after update from 1.8 to 1.9.2

This is the code to call the categories @ 1.8 and I compared it with 1.9.2 and it is the same

<?php // --------------------- CALL THE CATEGORIES PLUGIN ----------------------
	$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Cats', array( // Add parameters below:
		) );
	// ---------------------------- END OF CATEGORIES ------------------------- ?>

what went wrong?

2 Mar 13, 2007 08:42

ALl I can suggest is that you check your plugins folder and make sure that _categories.plugin.php is indeed there.
Then in the ACP check App Settings -> Plugins and make sure that the Categories Skin Tag is activated

3 Mar 16, 2007 16:01

The Plugin is correct insatlled in the back office and of course _categories.plugin.php is indeed there :( :(

4 Mar 16, 2007 18:24

This may sound silly, but check your Blog Settings > Display and make sure that "Display public blog list:" is checked.

I had it unchecked in 0.9.2 and my categories showed, but when I updated to 1.9.3 they disappeared. After hours of banging my head into a wall I found a similar problem listed here. Checking that box brought them back.

5 Mar 17, 2007 08:17

@ JRagg

you are completly right! it works now!!

6 Mar 21, 2007 16:37

That is right @JRagg, but it is completely silly that it works this way. I don't want to see the blog title in my category-list since I only have on blog installed on my machine. In my opninion this is a bug.

7 Mar 21, 2007 16:50

nims wrote:

That is right @JRagg, but it is completely silly that it works this way. I don't want to see the blog title in my category-list since I only have on blog installed on my machine. In my opninion this is a bug.

You are not right with your conclusion. If you don't want the blogs tab or menu to show you can easily remove the item in the _main.php file of your skin.
So it's the skin that decides whether or not the blogs titles show, not the B2e engine itself.

8 Mar 21, 2007 18:07

You are right, I found it out in the new structure of plugins. This is new for me since I just upgraded from 0.9 and I am upgrading my skin. In case you want to have the different category list, without the blog title, use the following.

<?php
											// -------------------------- CATEGORIES INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
											// Call the Categories plugin:
											$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Cats', array(	// Add parameters below:
													'block_start'=>'',
													'block_end'=>'',
													'title'=>'',			// No title.
													'coll_start'=>'<!--', //No Head
													'coll_end'=>'-->', //No Head
												) );
											// -------------------------------- END OF CATEGORIES ----------------------------------
										?>

9 Mar 22, 2007 07:49

I am running two blogs on my page. how can I call both blogs on my page?

10 Mar 22, 2007 11:22

joachim wrote:

I am running two blogs on my page. how can I call both blogs on my page?

Please start a new topic for this. It's not about categories is the thing.

Form is loading...