Recent Topics

How to use localization in plug-ins?

Started by on Mar 14, 2007 – Contents updated: Mar 14, 2007

Mar 14, 2007 12:44    

subj...

Mar 15, 2007 13:29

Contact the plugin's author! Like, for example, if you have a translation of the Turing Test plugin you would have to contact me. I would then figure out how to do my part for making a translation happen, then add your translation to the zip file so all future downloaders will benefit from your work.

I have a message form contact link on the bottom of my pages at http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php that I'm pretty sure works.

Mar 15, 2007 14:00

EdB wrote:

Contact the plugin's author! Like, for example, if you have a translation of the Turing Test plugin you would have to contact me. I would then figure out how to do my part for making a translation happen, then add your translation to the zip file so all future downloaders will benefit from your work.

I have a message form contact link on the bottom of my pages at http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php that I'm pretty sure works.

It is clear. :)
How to see the translated lines of a plug-in in mine blog?
Only copy my.po to the file /locales/my_locale/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po ?

Mar 15, 2007 14:04

You need to generate a /<plugin>/locales/<locale>/_global.php with all of the extracted strings in it

ie/

<?php
/*
 * Global lang file
 * This file was generated manually by <author> ( @link : <link>)
 */
if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );


$trans['nl-NL'] = array(
'Page Links plugin - Allows you to produce a custom index for your pages' => 'Inhoudstafel plugin - Deze maakt het mogelijk om per artikel een inhoudstabel op te bouwen',
'long description' => 'Lange omschrijving',
'AstonishMe Custom page links plugin' => 'AstonishMe Inhoudstafel plugin',
'Pages:' => 'Hoofdstukken:',
'Next page' => 'Volgende pagina',
'Previous page' => 'Vorige pagina',
);
?>

¥

Mar 15, 2007 14:18

¥åßßå wrote:

You need to generate a /<plugin>/locales/<locale>/_global.php with all of the extracted strings in it

ie/

<?php
/*
 * Global lang file
 * This file was generated manually by <author> ( @link : <link>)
 */
if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );


$trans['nl-NL'] = array(
'Page Links plugin - Allows you to produce a custom index for your pages' => 'Inhoudstafel plugin - Deze maakt het mogelijk om per artikel een inhoudstabel op te bouwen',
'long description' => 'Lange omschrijving',
'AstonishMe Custom page links plugin' => 'AstonishMe Inhoudstafel plugin',
'Pages:' => 'Hoofdstukken:',
'Next page' => 'Volgende pagina',
'Previous page' => 'Vorige pagina',
);
?>

¥

I know it :) Thanks

In the beginning I should copy my.po to the file /locales/my_locale/LC_MESSAGES/messages.po ?
Or me to put the file of translation of a plug-in in folder with messages.po?

Mar 15, 2007 14:40

I suppose it's up to you where you put the po file as long as the _global.php is in the right place?

¥

Mar 15, 2007 15:43

¥åßßå wrote:

I suppose it's up to you where you put the po file as long as the _global.php is in the right place?

¥

Everything, has understood, thanks All & dAniel (in ICQ) :)

Mar 15, 2007 15:45

Yay, thank god for Blueyed ;)

¥


Form is loading...

Online manual generator – This forum is powered by b2evolution CMS, a complete engine for your website.