Recent Topics

1 Mar 16, 2007 12:09    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Google describes how to prevent your site form being taken up in the google cache.But how to do this in the b2evo blog? Does anyone have a clue? Thanks!

Prevent or remove cached pages

Google automatically takes a "snapshot" of each page it crawls and archives it. This "cached" version allows a webpage to be retrieved for your end users if the original page is ever unavailable (due to temporary failure of the page's web server). The cached page appears to users exactly as it looked when Google last crawled it, and we display a message at the top of the page to indicate that it's a cached version. Users can access the cached version by choosing the "Cached" link on the search results page.

To prevent all search engines from showing a "Cached" link for your site, place this tag in the <HEAD> section of your page:

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOARCHIVE">

To allow other search engines to show a "Cached" link, preventing only Google from displaying one, use the following tag:

<META NAME="GOOGLEBOT" CONTENT="NOARCHIVE">

Note: This tag only removes the "Cached" link for the page. Google will continue to index the page and display a snippet.

2 Mar 16, 2007 12:38

Put those tags in your skins/yourskin/_main.php file. You will only need to do this to the skin you've selected as the default skin if you allow public skin switching.

3 Mar 17, 2007 16:14

Hello EdB,

Thanks a lot for your help. I have found the <HEAD> section that is mentioned en pasted the code there.
Now I can only wait and see if google removes the cached pages :)

Form is loading...