Recent Topics

1 Mar 16, 2007 20:49    

Howdy all...

Wow - been a long time since I've posted here. I'm kicking around the idea of creating a fatblogging plug-in. Drop in your weight, body fat % if you've got it, and it'd update something in the sidebar. I'd also be using the data with swfchart to generate a graph showing weight.

The kicker is I don't want a bunch of daily/weekly posts displayed just simple data in 'em so I'm looking to pull a post out of the normal rotation of posts without having a second blog, or having the entries marked as deprecated/draft. I looked through the plugin hooks, but didn't notice anything that allowed you to stop display.

Is there a hook, or is the second blog the best idea here?

2 Mar 16, 2007 23:39

You could always use a plugin that created it's own tables to hold the information you wanted, which could be input using a page on the tools tab ( if it's just "you" entering the info ) or even a form in your skin ( if you're wanting to allow the public to enter their data?)

You could then use a skintag to display the swf in the sidebar

¥

3 Mar 17, 2007 00:33

That might just work Yabba. All I'm wanting is something in the back-end for collecting the data, so my first instinct was to just parse it out of an entry the hackish way :-)

4 Mar 17, 2007 00:50

There's a nice feature for Plugin(User)Settings: the "array" type. This allows you to have a number of day-weight-fat sets.

This way you could keep all the data in the (User)Settings.

An own table with an own admin of the data in the Tools tab might be more fitting.

Form is loading...