Recent Topics

1 Mar 21, 2007 14:37    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

when clicking on the nav > files in backoffice, I receive this

* The blog's media directory «media/blogs/b/» could not be created, because the parent directory is not writable or does not exist.
* The blog's media directory «media/blogs/a/» could not be created, because the parent directory is not writable or does not exist.
* The blog's media directory «media/blogs/abc/» could not be created, because the parent directory is not writable or does not exist.
* The blog's media directory «media/blogs/links/» could not be created, because the parent directory is not writable or does not exist.
* You don't have access to any root directory.

------------------------

have tried to set-up folders manually but still no success, have I missed something in the instructions, please?

Thanks

A4D

3 Mar 21, 2007 15:01

thanks Afwas

I did 777 the files I added etc

hence my loss at what to do

4 Mar 21, 2007 15:04

You should also CHMOD the folders.

5 Mar 21, 2007 15:16

OK .. I created a media folder at root 777 .. placed a blogs folder within plus an a and b folder

777 all of them

I also added the same files to the /blogs folder and 777 all of them

somewhere I am getting it wrong

I did it in both places to be sure but no result

:)

6 Mar 21, 2007 15:33

Strange.

What I do motice is this: the default media folder is ../blogs/media/ with a subdir for all your blogs e.g. /a/ /b/ /all/ and /linkblog/.

You seem to want your media as a subdir from the root. Have you explicitly changed this setting in B2e?

It might be the case with your setting it is searching for a folder called: ../blogs/media/blogs/media/a/ that doesn't exist.

Good luck.

7 Mar 21, 2007 15:45

OK .. I have now made a custom directory for the blog a and the warning has gone

Thanls for your help

I originally had it set as default

Form is loading...