Recent Topics

1 Mar 29, 2007 13:31    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

My trackbacks are not producing a correct URL when the trackback/comments window comes up. If I go to the url, all i get is:
1 No url to your permanent entry given
Which I googled to no avail, bar a similar post here, but their trackbacks didn't work at all. One suggestion there was to use curl, but not instructions were given on how to accomplish this.

I have checked with my host, bluehost.com, and they have curl supported in /usr/bin/curl.

Had 1.9.2, upgraded to 1.9.3 to try to fix this, but no joy.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2 Mar 29, 2007 16:11

A trackback URL is not a place you go to in a web browser. It's a method for blog-to-blog commenting. Trackbacks are sort of like automated comments. I see your blog post and am inspired by it. I write my own blog post and do a trackback to you - to the trackback URL I got from your blog. Now in your comments you'll see a brief snippet of what I posted on my blog.

3 Mar 30, 2007 02:08

Doh! Thanks for enlightening me. So I guess a permalink is what I'm talking about then?

4 Mar 30, 2007 02:28

Yes, assuming you're looking for the permanent link to a specific post in your blog. Depending on your skin and version, it's either a chain link icon, or a piece of paper with a folder corner icon, and sometimes it's the title of the actual post.

Form is loading...