Recent Topics

1 Apr 17, 2007 23:12    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.3/crystalGlass

Hi everyone, this is my 2nd day with b2evo, and i'm having a blast figuring everything out(ok maybe a little profanity has been uttered, but all in good fun), I'm new to web building, and PHP so take it easy on me :)

I want to know how to reposition the blog title, so it's not on the Header, as it looks terrible with the Header.jpg i have. I designed a picture with the Site name in it, that looks pretty good i think, but i can't set the default blog to that one if it doesn't have a title.

a)Can I name the blog for backoffice purposes without displaying the title?
b)Where can I edit the location of the title so i can just move it, maybe in place of the tagline??

any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated!!

2 Apr 17, 2007 23:51

404error wrote:

any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated!!

Suggestion #1: always include a link to whatever it is you're talking about. No one can guess which version of b2evolution or which skin you're using, so don't make us try.

Okay back on track, or at least as on track as I can be given the circumstances.

Repositioning the blog title will be done in your skins/yourskin/_main.php file. Look for something that seems to indicate it's got something to do with the blog title and you've probably found it. Move it or delete it or decorate it with css if you want. It's in there, but since it's your blog you get to do what you want with it.

Hey it seems I answered (a) while thinking about (b)! Yeah you can delete anything you want from the publicly displayed blog. Drop the title or the tagline or the long description if you want. Jettison any or all of the 'supporting info' for each post if that's where you want your blog to go. Heck you can even wipe out the sidebar if you want. All it takes is using a semi-intelligent file editor and a small bit of brain power while you look at skins/yourskin/_main.php to see what that file is doing.

Excuse me for a moment while I beat on my favorite drum: you can even remove the linkback to b2evolution, but if you do that you can pretty much kiss free support goodbye. That really annoys me. People who pull the credit link to b2evolution then ask "how can I do something". I used to tell them "by putting the linkback back where it was". Then I started being rude instead because people would actually try to argue with me about if I had the right to not answer a question based on whatever criteria I chose. Then I got tired of trying to be creatively rude so just stopped answering.

Anyway that's got nothing to do with you (I hope), so there you go! Just dig on your skins/yourskin/_main.php file for a while and you'll probably be able to figure out "ok this does that and that does this", then tinker it up to your heart's content.

3 Apr 18, 2007 00:16

Hey thanks EdB. Yeah, i was looking at main.php, but wasn't sure what i was looking for specifically.

I'm using b2evo 1.9.3, and the crystal glass skin. I modified the original header.jpg, so that the text looks funny over the graphic.

I am concerned about the title not showing up on the browser if it leave it blank, so I'm going to have to just reposition it i guess

4 Apr 18, 2007 20:30

Hey thanks again EdB. You pointed me in a great direction. It now seems really simple after tinkering for a few hours. I was able to tinker with everything from H1 to title, to css. Start in the right place i guess.
Had to reposition th H1 Title, and resize the frame, edit the header.jpg and update the stylesheet...now it looks exactly how i want it... for now.

Also figured out how to do a lot of other stuff.

In the future i'll remember to include the version/skin info, along with links, snippets, etc.

And to reply to the removing the linkback...naa, I keep all credits.

thanks..

Form is loading...