Recent Topics

1 Apr 27, 2007 09:04    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I am creating a new Personal Injury Blog at www.calinjuryblog.com

I already have a blog customized by stk at www.bikerlawblog.com

I just installed 1.9.3 on www.calinjuryblog.com and am just starting to test it out.

When I click on the email admin at the bottom is comes up with a not a valid email address error. Is there a fix for this?

2 Apr 27, 2007 09:36

Best known answer is to use a valid email address ;)

I just sent myself an email from my blog by visiting myself in a browser I had laying around that I never use. IE, but so what: the email sent and got received by me. I did it from a post and from the link in the footer, though on my page I made it be a link in the sidebar. So anyway that means it works. Therefore I figure maybe you've got a funky email address in your profile. Only a guess though!

3 Apr 27, 2007 10:08

I just tried it from another computer just visiting and i am getting the same error. I am using a normal email address?

Is there a setup which may be causing this?

Thanks,

4 Apr 27, 2007 10:27

Not that I'm aware of. Here's something a bit risky, and I say that because I don't know everything it does when you tell it you lost your password, but tell it you lost your password and see if you get the email. That'll tell us something, though I'm not sure exactly what. AFAIK it'll use the same email address for the lost password as it uses for the "contact the admin" form mail.

The risk, if any, can be nullified by going to phpmyadmin before doing this and seeing what the database thinks your password for your admin account is. Whatever it thinks it is, save it in a text file for a few moments while testing the ability to get mail through that account. IF things go terribly wrong, and thinking about it I don't think they will, but if things go terribly wrong you'll be able to restore your original password by plugging the "encrypted" password back in through phpmyadmin.

No risk come to think of it, so just tell it you lost your email and see if you get the message or not. BTW the lost password thing will ALWAYS say "I sent you an email" so that people randomly guessing at account logins that don't exist will see the same message instead of a clue that they guessed at a wrong login. Therefore the test is if you actually get the email or not.

5 Apr 27, 2007 10:48

crack open htsrv/message_send.php and find this section of code :

elseif( !is_email($sender_address) || antispam_check( $sender_address ) ) // TODO: dh> using antispam_check() here might not allow valid users to contact the admin in case of problems due to the antispam list itself.. :/
{
	$Messages->add( T_('Supplied email address is invalid.'), 'error' );
}

change it to :-

elseif( !is_email($sender_address) )
{
	$Messages->add( T_('I think that the supplied email address is invalid.'), 'error' );
}
elseif(  antispam_check( $sender_address ) )
{
	$Messages->add( T_('I think that the supplied email address is spam.'), 'error' );
}

and try sending a message again. This time it should tell you if it thinks the email is invalid or if it's your blacklist that's stopping it.

Don't forget to restore the original code afterwards ;)

¥

6 Apr 27, 2007 17:07

I will try it out when I get in later today. Thanks.

7 May 10, 2007 00:20

I recently installed version 1.9.3 on a windows 2003 server.
Everything runs ok, Its really a greath piece of software! But when I try to send an email to the author using the form. I get the following error:
Sorry, could not send email.
Possible reason: the PHP mail() function may have been disabled on the server.

I'm using a real email account.
Note that I receive the emails to confirmate account, and notifications when a new user registers.

I contacted my hosting provider and they say the PHP mail Function it's enabled on the server.

Is there a bug in version 1.9.x?
Should I install 1.10?
does exist any solution?
Is the windows server the key of the problem?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

8 May 10, 2007 00:51

It's hard to call it a bug since it works for many (most?) installations, so it's impossible to say if 1.10 will clear up the problem you're having.

Have you tried what ¥åßßå suggested above?

Have you checked your email's spam trap, if you use one?

9 May 10, 2007 01:21

Of course I checked my spam folder

I tested what ¥åßßå suggested but nothing

I replaced message_send.php in /htsrv/ with the file with the same name of b2evo 1.10 .
And tried to send an email to the author using the form. The error does'nt appear now, but the emails are not arriving.

Note that I m still receiving email notifications when a new user registers or when I tried to change password.

thaks for your answer

Form is loading...