Recent Topics

1 May 03, 2007 02:55    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Before I go on, I looked at the FAQ and did a search, but didn't find what I needed, so I created a new topic to ask this question.

How to back up/restore MySQL database?

I'm using a webhost (1and1.com) and the version of MySQL is 4.0.27.

Also, if I want to move the database to another account/webhost, assuming same version of MySQL, can I "restore" the database at the new setup and just change the database info in '_conf/_basic_config.php'?

I'd like to test out b2evo 1.10 with my current database. can I just backup the current database and restore it to another database for testing purposes?

I'm gonna give what I just said a try, but I'd like to hear from someone with experience with this kind of situation.

EDIT: forgot to mention, phpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl3 is the version used by my webhost.

2 May 03, 2007 04:23

To back up your database, use the export function in PhpMyAdmin.
To restore a backup, use the SQL function in phpMyAdmin.
Search Google for more information on this topic.

There is no need to install version 1.10 of B2e. Go ahead with the most recent version available (currently version 1.93).

Good luck

3 May 03, 2007 04:32

thanks for the response. I just want to know how to do it in case I want to upgrade in the future.

I exported the database, or maybe just the tables, i'm not sure. I'm thinking just the tables. I chose no compression, copied and paste the "dump" to a text editor.

To test, i created a new MySQL database, running the querries right now. I uploaded the files for 1.10 and will choose "upgrade" during installation.

I'll report back later.

4 May 03, 2007 06:52

aside from the missing skin (was using andreas01 and forgot to upload it to 1.10 folder) and gallery plugin not working (existing galleries not showing images)...there weren't any (other) major problem...

i guess now i know how to backup/restore to same installation of b2evo. for now, i'll hold off on the upgrade until i have time to mess around with the gallery plugin.

5 May 03, 2007 15:54

If you have cpanel you could also have used the 'backup' feature to both backup and restore a database.

Form is loading...