Recent Topics

1 May 04, 2007 08:01    

My b2evolution Version: 1.8.x

Hello,

I did an upgrade of my server from SUSE9 to SUSE10 which included a mysql upgrade from 4 to 5. Now the b2evo plugins page is broken. When I click on "App settings" and then "Plugins" it shows a blank page. I noticed this when I realised the captcha plugin has ceased working. I have no idea how to fix this - any ideas? In the meantime I disabled captchas manually in the database to allow people to still post but obviously I want to get them enabled again asap.

Thanks
NB

2 May 04, 2007 08:03

Not sure if it'll help or not, but try upgrading your b2evolution to 1.9.3 or maybe 1.10 if you're into being an "early adopter".

3 May 04, 2007 08:08

Unfortunately no can do - there are too many templates that would need to be updated.

I found a partial answer - the new php install had memory limits set too low. I can now see the list of installed plugins. However clicking on any of them gets:

"An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:
We need the PHP Tokenizer functions to get the list of Plugin events (Enabled by default since PHP 4.3.0 and available since PHP 4.2.0)."

I am running PHP5 with everything default (except for the memory limits I just increased).

4 May 04, 2007 08:45

I have resolved this issue. For anyone else who deals with this type of upgrade, the solution was:

Increase php memory limit (default is 8, I went to 20).
Having the "php5" package installed is not enough, you also need "php5-devel". I also installed "php5-tokenizer" at the same time as devel but I doubt that was what fixed it.

So ultimately, it had nothing to do with mysql!

Cheers

Form is loading...