Recent Topics

1 May 08, 2007 02:06    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi, downloaded the new B2 and everything went haywire, so as I had just started to post, I deleted and started again.

Everything seems okay but how do I get a picture to show? I have uploaded it, but there is no code to put in the posts like there was in the old B2.

I would have looked at the user manual, but obviously there is something wrong there, as I get a billing error. Obviously donations are needed! :lol:

It used to be dead easy, so I am assuming it still is but how???????

2 May 08, 2007 11:02

When you upload an image there's a button at the top of the screen that says something like "add this code to your post".

If it's an image that you've upload previously you need to choose "display file manager" from the upload page, ( it's right at the bottom ), then tick the box next to the image you want to use and press the IMG button next to With selected files: ..... ish :p

¥

3 May 08, 2007 12:43

I think that was what I had before, but there is nothing like that I have in the latest version. Maybe the file didn't get uploaded. I don't know.

If I tick the box near the file and the jpeg icon, it only opens in a new window as the actual picture.

At the bottom near the With Selected Files I only have Rename, Delete and Download as selected archive.

There is no place with any code or any button that I can press that seems to go anywhere.

Any ideas?

Sorry, I have the latest version of B2. I downloaded it last night via Fantastico.

4 May 08, 2007 16:24

Fantastico doing the latest version? THAT would be a surprise indeed! What version are you running? You can see that by looking at the bottom of any page in your back office, or by linking your blog here.

5 May 09, 2007 07:09

It is 1.9.3 isn't that the latest version?

Anyway, here is the link www.rushton-enterprises.com/Newsblog but how is that going to help you get into the back office without the password?

If you need it, I can give it to you.

6 May 09, 2007 15:55

By looking at your source code I can see what version, which obviously won't solve your problem. There is now a 1.10 version out, but it's nice to know Fantastico has 1.9.3 because it's a very stable version. And 1.10 is very new so hooray for Fantastico. Oh and anyway not all Fantasticos will install the same version of stuff. It depends on the host upgrading their Fantastico, but all this rubbish won't help you with your image problem.

Anyway you should certainly be able to add images to your posts. Here's how I do it: From the "write" tab I select "upload" and use the file uploader to upload my image. I close that window then - from the write tab - click "files". Check the box next to the image(s) you want to include, and scroll down to where you see a button called "img". Click it. That gives me an image_block with my alt and title tags and my caption, but I frequently turn them into regular floated images.

I don't think it's the most intuitive method available, but I've gotten used to it and it seems to mostly work okay. And the whole file manager thing is a big enough improvement that to me it's okay to lose a little super-easyness. To me anyway.

7 May 10, 2007 05:01

Aaah you see this is my problem. I can do everything until I need to click the img button. I just don't have one.

I have rename, delete and download as an archive, near the selected files bit. In the action column, I have edit, rename, copy, move and delete.

None of these do want I want. The image is uploaded. I just can't get the code for it. If the code was there, it would be so easy.

8 May 10, 2007 05:15

Just read the manual which is up and have now GOT IT :idea: Sorry, but I was hitting the wrong Files tab.

I would like to thank you all for helping me. It is so good to know that there are people who are willing to spend the time to get everyone up and going. Once again a big heartfelt thanks!

Form is loading...