Recent Topics

1 May 15, 2007 16:54    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I have a problem with all my blogs where I cant login using Firefox, I can login using IE but I don't use that much so im using IE for blog editing and Firefox for viewing and every other web application\site.

One blog I have forgotten the password for, I am sure I hadn't but it doesn't work so im going to assume I did.

Using the password recovery link on the login box It sends me an email with a link in it for me to click, after I click it it takes me back to the login box with the following error.

You have to use the same session (by means of your session cookie) as when you have requested the action.

I have deleted my cookies on both browsers several times had only 1 window open on one browser and every time the same problem, I have 116 comments waiting moderation on one of my posts and I can not get to them.

Is there a way to change the password using ftp so I can try and get control again or have you any idea how I can resolve it.

It happened quite suddenly on all blogs, I am wondering if it happened at the same time as upgrading to Firefox 2.0.0.3 but im not sure.

2 May 15, 2007 17:03

Thanks to http://www.adamek.biz/md5-generator.php I can tell you that the md5 equivalent to 'b2evolution' (without the single quotes) is '59ddf01d8dd5fb8b0669d01794eecea1' (again without the single quotes). Sadly, that won't help you if all you have available is an FTP program.

If, on the other hand, you can use phpmyadmin to access your database, then you can go into your evo_users table, find the account for admin (which will be ID #1), or any other account you're interested in, and change the password by replacing whatever it says with the above scramble. Now log in with 'b2evolution' (did I mention how you don't use the single quote marks?) as your password and find your user account on the Users tab and change your password to something you'll get a kick out of using.

3 May 16, 2007 17:47

Is there nothing you guys don't know.

It worked a treat thanks a lot for your help.

4 May 16, 2007 18:23

They say you get smarter the older you get ... and EdB's a genius ;)

¥

Form is loading...