Recent Topics

1 May 18, 2007 22:43    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I should probably know this, but how come when I click on the 'write' tab my 1.9.3 installation always assumes I want to post something in blog #2? My default blog is #1 and that's where I mostly post, so why does it think I always want to post in blog #2?

More importantly, what can I do to make the 'write' tab go to my default blog?

Sometimes I want to write a great blog post about how to save the world from imminent destruction but I get so frustrated at this that I forget what I was going to write. So I give up and read craigslist stuff. Then I remember "oh yeah - the world can save itself from imminent destruction by following my simple plan so I should post it on my blog" and I click to my 'write' tab and I'm back on blog #2 and, in my frustration, give up again and go see if there's anything cool on youtube.

bleh.

2 May 19, 2007 08:53

I bet you're not an "editor" of blog 1 ;)

¥

3 May 19, 2007 09:07

That was close enough to get me thinking. On blog settings->user stuff I was 'admin' on all my blogs, but on the ->group stuff I had some blogs with 'none' for all groups and some with different settings for different groups, so I made all groups on all blogs be 'none' and it seems to work.

Thanks!

4 May 19, 2007 12:36

bummer. I just went in to do a post by clicking my bookmark to my referer stats tab, then clicked "write", and came up on blog #2.

My blog hates me.

Is there a reason I should be "editor" instead of "admin" on my blogs?

5 May 19, 2007 13:52

What blog were you looking at the stats for when you clicked write?

Editor was just the first setting I tried, it also works if you have admin permissions.

¥

6 May 19, 2007 14:30

My favorite link for referer stats goes to 'none' so I can find spammers across all blogs, but lemme try it again right now

Yeah I end up on blog #2. I should sleep then see what settings I can look into about this issue. Seems like #2 is "automatically it" in more than one place, so I probably haven't corrected the one place it matters most. Plus if I go pass out ... er ... fall asleep then the whole sessions thing probably won't matter, so I'll check again what happens from stats (or antispam) to write.

Weird, but should be fixable, and is probably a setting somewhere.

Form is loading...