Recent Topics

1 May 25, 2007 06:22    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I can't even view my blog:
http://detroitskeptic.com/blogs/index.php

I get this:

An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page

Additional information about this error:

MySQL error!

Error establishing a database connection!

(Access denied for user: 'nickbii@localhost' (Using password: YES))

1.	Are you sure you have typed the correct user/password?
2.	Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
3.	Are you sure that the database server is running?

I'm very confused because technically nickbii is not an account on my blog. My ISP account is nickbii, but my blog account is just Nick.

Also, can anyone else see the blog, or is the problem just this nickbii account?

Nick

2 May 26, 2007 01:58

Here's my host's take:

Did you change the database password in your B2Evo software to your new password?  There is probably a config.php or config.inc file that contains this information.  If you aren't sure how to do this, consult the documentation of B2Evo.

I changed the password to manage my domain name, for security purposes. I'm pretty sure the old password is compromised so I'm very reluctant to change back to test the theory. Do I have to change it in B2evo as well?

And I still need to know whether other people can read my blog:
www.detroitskeptic.com/blogs

Please somebody, just click on the link, and tell me whether you see a blog or an error message.

Nick

3 May 26, 2007 08:09

You absolutely need to have the correct password to connect to your database. For me my database passwords have nothing to do with my hosting account passwords, but it's possible that for you it's different. So in your conf/_basic_config.php file try replacing the old password with the new one.

And yeah your page is dead until your files can talk to your database again.

4 May 26, 2007 15:54

EdB wrote:

You absolutely need to have the correct password to connect to your database. For me my database passwords have nothing to do with my hosting account passwords, but it's possible that for you it's different. So in your conf/_basic_config.php file try replacing the old password with the new one.

And yeah your page is dead until your files can talk to your database again.

It worked. Yippee!

Nick

Form is loading...