Recent Topics

1 May 29, 2007 08:04    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,

Im new here. What a great application we have here eh and these forums are very supportive.

I have several questions in regards to v1.10.

1 - Where would I go to delete the credit line (Credits: blog software | web hosting | monetize) in the sign up/log in page? Im going to be crediting however I just do not want it on these pages.

2- When I select ALL BLOGS as my default it displays all Categories of each user. Is there anyway I can disable this feature for ALL BLOGS. Reason is because I will have quite a lot of bloggers each with a lot of cats. I dont want this list to be huge. Also, for some reason it formats weird and looks very messy. So, just want to disable it ONLY for ALL BLOG (where it shows all cats).

3 - On the contact form page. What file controls the "Your email address. (Will not be displayed on this site.)" text color? Ive searched everywhere and I cannot find it.

4 - Where can I change the B2evol@ name for system emails that get sent out? (when people reg. for instance)

5 - Where can I change the email message? (it currently is branded with the b2evolution name. I dont want to confuse people and would like to change it to my site name)

Thanks for all the help. I will be donating to this site as soon as some money flows in from sponsors.

cheers!

Davey DK

2 May 29, 2007 14:44

2. Find this part in your skin:

// Call the Categories plugin:
		$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Cats', array(	// Add parameters below:
			) );

and make it look like this:

if ($blog != 1)
{
		$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Cats', array(	// Add parameters below:
			) );
}

3 May 29, 2007 14:51

3. It is a span with class "notes". You can change the color with css, but it will change several other places if you do it that way. Do you want that email message to be a different color from the Allowed XHTML tags, etc? If so, you can give it another class in skins/_feedback.php.

4 May 29, 2007 15:07

4. The $notify_from variable is set it conf/_advanced.php

5 May 29, 2007 15:10

5. I think you mean the validation email. The text is created in inc/MODEL/users/_user.class.php inside the send_validate_email() method.

When you edit any of these core files it's always a good idea to create a backup of the file before changing it. You should also know that the next time you upgrade you'll need to redo these changes.

Actually, if all you want to do is change the name b2evolution, then you can just change the $app_name variable in conf/_application.php.

Better yet, create a file in the conf folder called _overrides.php and put all of your variable overrides that you've made in the conf folder into that one file. Then when you upgrade, you won't lose those changes.

6 May 29, 2007 15:20

1. Those links are created in inc/VIEW/login/_footer.php

You can comment out that line or do a conditional statement to not show it on the registration page. As the code in that file says, removing the links can prevent your site from being listed in the b2evolution recently updated blogs section

7 May 29, 2007 18:25

Okay just one more question personman.

Do you have a mailing address so I can send you a coffee? hehe

Thanks a million for your help (and speedy reply too). This software is pretty amazing however truth be told it's the support that makes it worth while.

Good job. :)

~ Dave

9 May 29, 2007 19:49

2. Find this part in your skin:
PHP:
$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Cats', array( // Add parameters below:
) );

What .php file would that be?

Cheers!

~ Dave

Nevermind .. found it in the main.php (I looked in there before but didnt find it).

Thank!

Form is loading...