Recent Topics

1 Jun 01, 2007 17:31    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I've got a B2Evolution installation at www.iphonemojo.com. (1.8.6)

I'm creating a new site that runs B2Evolution 1.9.3.

The older set up is basically a single blog that I'd like to move as an additional blog at the new site. If I do a database backup/restore I lose everything at the new site. Also, the database on the older site is the "All" database and I'f prefer it not to be.

So, can I

1 - copy the iphone mojo blog to a new site; or

2 - copy it and create a new "All" blog that will aggregate the various blogs I add to my new site.

TIA
Anthony

2 Jun 02, 2007 19:12

If you don't have any posts in the new sites db then this isn't so hard.

Do a backup of your old db and restore it into your new db and then run the installer and choose upgrade.

Then you need to hit one of the config files ( urm, /conf/_advanced.php I think, but root around and you'll find it ) and change $allow_moving_chapters.

Then create a shiny new blog that will house all your old blogs posts.

Finally, hit the categories for your old posts and move them all to their shiny new home ( they'll take the posts with them ).

Then your shiny new blog has a shiny new blog all that should never be used as a normal blog just like the posts that are made on a new install tell you, and your old blogs posts should be in their own shiny new home that isn't the shiny new blog alls home and all is well :D

¥

3 Jun 03, 2007 01:20

Thanks.

I had done the backup/restore but wasn't sure what to do for the next part of the process.

Regards
Anthon

4 Jun 03, 2007 12:37

All done. The instructions were just about spot on except that the file I needed to edit was conf/_main.php.

Thanks
Anthony

Form is loading...