Recent Topics

1 Jun 01, 2007 19:38    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

happy summer all!!!! it seems like things are just getting busier, we need to get out more!!!!! but i digress.

I am having issues with the comment section. I want to make it so that users don't have to put in an e-mail to leave a comment. i know that sounds crazy but everybody has a million accounts/passwords why give them another? or freak them out with "put your e-mail here bitch!" something easier promotes feed back. i think.

I checked the skinners and looked all over for the comment_form because I would love to be able to edit the comment_form. i cant find it tho. any help would be appreciated.

p.s. where is the new user sign in/ register? that would be something to integrate into other goodies, if I could find it.

2 Jun 01, 2007 20:08

There's a setting in one of the conf/ files, buggered if I can remember which one off the top of my head though.

You can find all of the login/register stuff in inc/view/login ;)

¥

3 Jun 01, 2007 22:48

i mess with code here and there with some back ups, but that login.php is scary lookin. i feel like messing with it is like hiking up my skirt going commando, and i'm a dude!!

i just wanted to take away the e-mail requirement to comment. maybe add a question instead. somethin. thanks tho.

4 Jun 02, 2007 09:13

You can take away the email requirement to comment by changing this setting in /conf/_advanced.php :

/**
 * Comments: Set this to 1 to require e-mail and name, or 0 to allow comments
 * without e-mail/name.
 * @global boolean $require_name_email
 */
$require_name_email = 1;

¥

5 Jun 11, 2007 09:03

thank you.

i definitely learned a new lesson.

back up any files you modify so you dont have to freak out when your site goes down.

do you know the file that modifies what users see when they click "comment" it still asks users for their e-mails which scares away comments. thanks.

Comments:

No Comments for this post yet...

This post has 2 feedbacks awaiting moderation...

Leave a comment:

Name:

Email:
Your email address will not be displayed on this site.
Site/Url:
Your URL will be displayed.
Comment text:

Allowed XHTML tags: <p, ul, ol, li, dl, dt, dd, address, blockquote, ins, del, span, bdo, br, em, strong, dfn, code, samp, kdb, var, cite, abbr, acronym, q, sub, sup, tt, i, b, big, small>
Options:
Auto-BR (Line breaks become <br />)
Remember me (Set cookies for name, email and url)
Allow message form (Allow users to contact you through a message form (your email will NOT be displayed.))

6 Jun 11, 2007 09:08

dammit

how to keep it simple for people, yet difficult for bots. :>

thanks for your help.

7 Jun 11, 2007 10:01

You need to be playing with this section of _feedback.php ;)

else
		{ // User is not logged in:
			// Note: we use funky field names to defeat the most basic guestbook spam bots
			$Form->text( 'u', $comment_author, 40, T_('Name'), '', 100, 'bComment' );
			$Form->text( 'i', $comment_author_email, 40, T_('Email'), T_('Your email address will <strong>not</strong> be displayed on this site.'), 100, 'bComment' );
			$Form->text( 'o', $comment_author_url, 40, T_('Site/Url'), T_('Your URL will be displayed.'), 100, 'bComment' );
		}

¥

8 Jun 12, 2007 22:16

wow you did it! you set me free!!! whooo hooooo!!!!!

thanks alot.

Form is loading...