Recent Topics

1 Jun 14, 2007 00:13    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.2

I'm building a template for a 1.10.2 installation. In the sidebar, I've got the standard "archives" reference code which looks like this:

<?php
		// -------------------------- ARCHIVES INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
		// Call the Archives plugin:
		$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Arch', array(	// Add parameters below:
			) );
		// -------------------------------- END OF ARCHIVES ----------------------------------
	?>

It displays the generic list of archives as:

June (7)
More...

I want to display a list of the most recent 5 posts from each blog before the Archives list. If I place the following block of code before the archives code I pasted above:

<?php // --------------------------- BLOG LIST -----------------------------
	    for( $blog=blog_list_start();
		        $blog!=false;
			$blog=blog_list_next() )
	{ # by uncommenting the following lines you can hide some blogs
	if( $blog == 1 or $blog == 3 or $blog == 4) continue; // Hide blog 1...
	?>
<h4><?php blog_list_iteminfo( 'name', 'htmlbody'); ?></h4>
        <ul>
	<?php    // Get the 5 last posts for each blog:
            $BlogBList = & new ItemList( $blog,  '', '', '', '', '', array(), '', 'DESC', '', 5, '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'posts' );

while( $Item = $BlogBList->get_item() )
            {
	?>
            <li lang="<?php $Item->lang() ?>">
                <?php $Item->issue_date() ?>:
                <?php $Item->permanent_link( '#title#' ) ?>
            </li>
            <?php
            }
            ?>
            <li><a href="<?php blog_list_iteminfo('blogurl', 'raw' ) ?>" title="<?php echo T_('View more posts...') ?>"><?php echo T_('View more posts...') ?></a></li>
        </ul>
        <?php
    }
    ?>

then both blocks still work, BUT the only thing that appears from the Archives code is the "More..." link. The "June (7)" link no longer appears... I'm assuming that if I had more months in the archive, none of them would appear either. As soon as I remove the "Most recent posts" code, the individual months from the Archives code reappears. Anyone know why the individual months would not display, but the "More..." link still would?

jj.

2 Jun 14, 2007 00:26

Another side-effect of the "Recent Posts" code from above is that if I enable the Star Rating plugin, I get this error in the sidebar:

Additional information about this error:

MySQL error!

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND evo_plugin_starrating_20_ratings.id = evo_posts.post_ID AND total_votes >' at line 7(Errno=1064)

Your query:

SELECT DISTINCT post_ID , post_urltitle ,
total_value / total_votes AS rating, total_votes

FROM ( evo_posts , evo_plugin_starrating_20_ratings)
INNER JOIN evo_postcats ON post_ID = postcat_post_ID
INNER JOIN evo_categories ON postcat_cat_ID = cat_ID

WHERE cat_blog_id =

AND evo_plugin_starrating_20_ratings.id = evo_posts.post_ID

AND total_votes >= 2

ORDER BY `rating` DESC

LIMIT 5

But as soon as I remove the "Recent Posts" code, this error disappears and the Star Rating plugin functions properly, as does the "Archives" code as I described in the first post. Any suggestions? Or does anyone have a working "Recent Posts" code for the sidebar I could try out?

jj.

Form is loading...