Recent Topics

1 Jul 08, 2007 12:03    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Pls tell me how to do blogging or sending posts thru email.

2 Jul 08, 2007 12:58

ok, we are going to have a little 1 on 1 karen --

youre new here, and thats ok. We all understand the complexity of getting to know a new application. What isnt ok, and what will become increasingly frustrating for 'us' is if you dont use the tools that are already here for these sorts of questions.

At the TOP of EVERY page on this domain is a link that says "Docs"

Clicking that link brings you here:

http://manual.b2evolution.net/Main_Page

Now, you will notice that almost 1/2 way down that page there is a sub-header titled "Customize your blog" and underneath that are several topics, one of which, is : Blog by email

Additionally, this forum has a search form available from EVERY page.

Please look through the docs and use the search, before posting. Obviously it is expected that there will be followup questions even after reading the documentation and threads on the forums. Feel free to ask specific questions -- but no-one is going to want to "walk you through" how to do something that is already __outlined__ elsewhere.

3 Jul 08, 2007 14:30

I am very sorry but I've read and tried that and it doesnt work. That is why I am asking. Here's what I got for testing it again.

Connecting to pop server...
Logging into pop server...
Getting message #1...
Processing...

Subject: blog:title

Content-type: multipart/alternative, boundary: ----=_Part_134025_25539726.1183897017558

Raw content:

Login: , Pass:

Wrong login or password.

Getting message #2...
Processing...

Subject: blog: Title to

Content-type: multipart/alternative, boundary: ----=_Part_134037_16244554.1183897440125

Raw content:

Wrong login or password.

Getting message #3...
Processing...

Subject: blog:title to

Content-type: multipart/alternative, boundary: ----=_Part_134045_7841899.1183897561252

Raw content:

Wrong login or password.

OK

4 Jul 08, 2007 16:59

thats exactly what someone thats going to help you needs to see :) thats a much better post then your previous one! :)

5 Jul 10, 2007 08:04

I hope somebody would help me on this. Guys, pls help.

6 Jul 10, 2007 10:28

So you've set up everything correctly in the back office? In my 1.9.3 installation I have to enable blogging by email on the App settings -> Features tab, then fill in a bunch of fields. It looks like your blog is trying to get the mail but isn't finding a login or password as the very first bits in the message body. If it doesn't find them it won't post stuff is the thing. Is your email being sent in plain text mode? That might be part of the problem as well.

Anyway I'd be mostly curious about why the things you showed here have "Login: , Pass: " without any actual values in there. If you don't have your login and password on the first line of the email body it won't work - AFAIK. It's been a long time since I used blog-by-email but I doubt it changed all that much.

Hope it helps!

7 Jul 10, 2007 11:40

Ya. I did everything on the APP settings. And I changed the email and the error msg is :

Content-type: text/plain, boundary:

Raw content:

something:psword
the body

Login: something, Pass: psword

Wrong login or password.

OK

8 Jul 10, 2007 11:44

You are using your b2evo user/pass values right?

¥

9 Jul 11, 2007 02:54

hi ¥åßßå

LOL! Im so dumb I was using my mail user:password.

But I tried using my b2e and here's what I got:

Getting message #7...
Processing...

Content-type: text/plain, boundary:

Raw content:

user:pass
Katawan. Body

Login: user, Pass: pass

Category ID:

An unexpected error has occured!
If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page

Additional information about this error:
Requested category does not exist!

10 Jul 17, 2007 14:17

Looks like you have an incorrect category setting.

You must specify the correct category (blog category). As you probably know you set a default category in the "Blog by Email" setup in App Settings/Features

You can override this category (if you want to post to a different one) by using the syntax:

<category>nn</category>

Where "nn" is the category number.

Although it is not real user friendly, blog by email works. I use it every day.

11 Jul 28, 2007 21:11

Once you have this email blog working properly, is there a way to setup it up for folks can subscribe/unsubscribe and receive blog posts via their email?

12 Aug 03, 2007 08:13

Hi RichH and everybody

I still cant blog thru email. I didnt receive any error but the content didnt go to my blog.

Pls help.

Form is loading...