Recent Topics

1 Jul 08, 2007 21:30    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

I've red the docs about stubfile and install a hundred times but I can't find how to access to my blog at http://www.myblog.com and not http://www.myblog.com/blogs .

I've installed the B2EVO files in the /www directory of my ftp :

/www/blogs
        /doc
        /gettext
        /index.en-DE.html
etc...

Should I create a stubfile or did I installed the files in the wrong directory ?

Thx
fusky

2 Jul 09, 2007 22:36

up !

please any help ...

Thx

3 Jul 11, 2007 03:01

I've had this problem before and moving the folder /blogs is not enough.

What I did was reinstall my b2e to the default directory /public.html and it work...intead of www.mydomain.com/blogs, it is now www.mydomain.com

4 Jul 11, 2007 06:13

karen wrote:

to the default directory /public.html

What do you mean ?

In the main directoty ? not in /www ...

what is public.html ?

lot of question but i can't publish anything until i solve this trouble.

5 Jul 11, 2007 16:25

Install it one level up, meaning not in a folder called "blogs". You can actually just move everything up one level if you want, then edit your conf/_basic_config.php file so that your $baseurl no longer has the /blogs part in it, but since your installation is new it's probably just as easy to reinstall it.

6 Jul 13, 2007 07:16

When I put all the files of /blogs into the same directory that /gettetxt , /doc, and the index ... .html, then the main page bug (there is only text) and when clicking on install I have this message : Not Found.

This is a screen of the ftp, maybe you could see what's wrong :
http://lefusk.free.fr/Photo/ftpscreenshot.jpg

Thx

7 Jul 13, 2007 07:34

Well, it's work !

However, Idon't want to call my blog through myblog.com/index.php?blog=2, but through myblog.com/ .

Can a stub file being useful ?

8 Jul 13, 2007 20:36

Yes, and creating a stub file is not so difficult as it looks. Just grab one and tweak it with your blog numbers. Then go to backoffice -> Blog Settings -> Blog URL parameters -> Preferred access type and enter the stub file. You can then place this stub file wherever handy, like in the /www folder.

What you want (as long as you have one blog as a main page) is also possible by ticking "Automatic detection by index.php". the url will be www.yourdomain.com/index.php, but your server will automatically find the index.php, so www.yourdomain.com will be enough to find it and the index.php itself will automatically show the default blog.

Good luck

9 Jul 14, 2007 02:29

I did exactly what you explain for the settings in the backoffice (without stub file) but I have this page when I call myblog.com/

http://lefusk.free.fr/Photo/bb2b.jpg

it's very annoying, i can't publish it like that !

11 Jul 15, 2007 01:20

Goto (Back Office) -> App settings -> General -> Display options -> Default blog to display: and choose the blog you want the viewers to see.

Good luck

13 Jul 15, 2007 02:32

Dit you just copy the file from /www/blogs/... to /www/...? If your blog is new and has no or just a few entries, you should re-install the blog. It seems the database still thinks the blog is at yoursite/blogs/.

It refer to this aswer by EdB, a few posts up:
EdB wrote:

Install it one level up, meaning not in a folder called "blogs". You can actually just move everything up one level if you want, then edit your conf/_basic_config.php file so that your $baseurl no longer has the /blogs part in it, but since your installation is new it's probably just as easy to reinstall it.

14 Jul 15, 2007 04:26

I've empty the /www directory, I've deleted my mySQL, I've created a new one, and I've uploaded B2EVO, I've moved the content of /www/blogs into /www. Then I've installed it.

I can't understand it because I did it exactly as you told me.

15 Jul 15, 2007 04:56

As far as I can see you did everything ok, especially the picture of the ftp you showed looked good.

Next: open default.php in the root folder and change:

$blog = 1;

to

$blog = 2;

This might help if you completely disabled blog 1 (the All blog). You should see the same screen (your picture) if you type yourhost.com/index.php?blog=1

Just to be certain: have you checked the $baseurl in conf/_basic_config.php? It should read yourhost.com/ and not yourhost.com/blogs/

Good luck

16 Jul 15, 2007 07:24

I've check, it is myblog.com/.

I did what you said, but it doesn't change anything.

How to disable Blog 1 ? I thaught we couldn't disable the "All Blogs" ...

17 Jul 15, 2007 19:23

Is your blog 2 set to default blog? Check (backoffice) -> App Settings -> Default blog to display.

Form is loading...