Recent Topics

1 Jul 10, 2007 22:02    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I need some help. The codes that I have been given by google are in html, while my blog is in whatever the hell this language is. (PHP?) How can I implement the html onto my blog so I can pay for my server? Thanks for the help.

www.favorista.com

2 Jul 10, 2007 22:25

You just need to crack open your skins _main.php and paste the code wherever you want it to display.

Without knowing where you want it to display it's a tad harder to give you more help.

¥

3 Jul 11, 2007 01:50

Yeah it's php, which is basically a server-side language that makes html pages. BTW the code from google isn't really html. It's also got javascript in it, which is probably officially part of html but it's not html. Minor detail!

So check it out: if it goes <?php blah blah blah?> then that's php. Outside of that stuff it's regular html (and could be javascript). This is a really slow way of saying php is smart enough to only do what it's supposed to do. When it sees ?> it knows to stop trying to do what it does and assume it's html code in there. Therefore as long as you don't put the code from google after a ?> and before the next <?php it'll work.

4 Jul 11, 2007 02:34

In connection with this, I am trying to insert adsense, too but I am having a problem when I use city_in_evo skin. Adsense wont show. But with "custom" skin, there is no problem. Right now, I am using city_in_evo and trying to find out what is the cause of adsense not showing on my blogs. Pls help me, too.

5 Jul 11, 2007 10:37

EdB and all of you, pls help me I dont know what to do anymore. I want to finish setting up my site and start posting. I tried everything to insert adsense (using city_in_evo skin) but nothing happened. But if I changed my skin to "custom", all adsense will show.

Try to go to my website www.eezmol.com and change the skin to "custom" and you'll see what my problem is.

Pls help.

6 Jul 11, 2007 16:32

karen please don't double post questions. We'll answer if we can when we can. Asking twice doesn't make it happen or happen faster.

Are you editing the files in that skin's folder? Common mistake believe it or not, and if editing custom works then editing city in evo will work. There's nothing mysterious or strange about any skin when it comes to adding or removing whatever you want to.

7 Jul 12, 2007 02:23

When I first use "city_in_evo" skin, I only inserted adsense code on _main.php inside b2e (i mean not the file itself under /blogs/skins) and it didnt work. Then, I decided to change skin to "custom" and the adsense shows even I didnt edit the main.php under that skin...just inside b2e (when im logged to /admin) which means the changes I made when I was using "city.." was only reflected when I use "custom".

8 Jul 12, 2007 03:44

Karen, you need to download the _main.php file from the city-in-evo skin onto your computer, and make the edits to the file, and then upload it back to your webserver. I suspect that, when you say you edited the file in b2evo, you are editing the _main.php file in the 'custom' skin, regardless of which skin is set as the selected skin for your blog. The editor in the b2evo backend edits the 'custom' skin. You need to download the file to your computer, make the changes, and upload it back.

jj.

9 Jul 12, 2007 03:52

Thanks. I'll do that and I'll get back to you with the outcome. I have some more questions but I'l post it as a new topic so it can help others, too.

10 Jul 13, 2007 02:08

thank you so much everyone

11 Jul 14, 2007 03:18

Hi all!

This is what I got:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/eezmolco/public_html/skins/city_in_evo/_main.php on line 91

Pls tell me what have I done wrong

12 Jul 17, 2007 07:51

Thanks to you all. I was able to show adsense already by inserting the code in main.php under /www

Form is loading...