Recent Topics

1 Jul 18, 2007 19:32    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi, I'm new to this world. I've run the install program for b2evolution 1.8, but I'm getting fatal errors that prevent me from accessing it, including:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: plugins in /home/webadmin/mysite.com/html/blog/inc/_main.inc.php on line 254

Where "line 254" reads: $Plugins = & new Plugins();

Also,

Warning: main(/home/webadmin/smithfieldjustice.com/html/blog/admin///_main.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/webadmin/mysite.com/html/blog/admin/_header.php on line 17

Where line 17 reads:
require_once( dirname(__FILE__) . "/$admin_dirout/$core_subdir/_main.php" );

Can anyone help me out here? I've downloaded and installed the program twice now, but the problems remain.

2 Jul 18, 2007 23:48

I can't really help with the errors you're having because you've already tried again, but I would strongly suggest you wipe out 1.8 and go with 1.10.2 because it is the latest and greatest stable release. And maybe it will actually install for you!

3 Jul 19, 2007 00:23

Thanks for the advice. One question: I'm currently running on 0.8.something (I know, but it was installed for me from my hosting service). Can I upgrade directly to 1.10.2 w/out going through a mid-level upgrade? At this point I'm considering just deleting what I've already got and starting from scratch, but If I could upgrade it would be slightly more convenient.

4 Jul 19, 2007 00:27

Hmmm... I'm not sure. I would suggest you first upgrade to the last version before 1.anything, then go all the way to 1.10.2 - blow right past the wierd 1.8 days. 0.9.2? Maybe 0.9.3? You will for sure want to make sure at that point that your skin still works well as there have always been changes that affect how a skin works. Especially if you customized it at all. The step from the 0 generation to the 1 generation, and especially steps IN the 1 generation have required significant skin work, so you might also want to accept that you will settle for the custom skin and tweak your look only after reaching the actual latest and greatest version.

5 Jul 19, 2007 19:06

Thanks again for your advice. I went ahead and scrapped my old blog and built 1.10 from scratch. It's going to take some time to re-archive things, but I think this was the most sane solution. Thanks.

6 Jul 19, 2007 19:10

ew001 wrote:

but I think this was the most sane solution. Thanks.

OMG, you just called EdB sane ..... have you lost your mind? 8|

¥

Form is loading...