Recent Topics

1 Jul 18, 2007 21:08    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I have spent most of the day scanning through the docs pages and the Forums with out much success finding help to customize the b2evolution to the way I was hoping for. I looked through the configuration webpages as well, a lot of this I am not sure what it is going to do if changed.

I seem I am over my head. The three big things I would like to do but can't figure out is the following:

1. Have the login page as the default page
Found this, but the link is no longer there.
"Q. Can I have the login page be the default page for my blog so users have to login to view the blog?

A. The following forum posts (1, 2) have an in-depth discussion of using the login page in this manner. "

by the way this would be useful, but no such director exists.
"Q. How do I customize the login page?

A. You can edit the login page by editing the /admin/???????.php file on your server. "

2. I think I figured out how to set the default Blog. I wouldn't count on it the way things are going today. :-/ What I did was delete the existing messages. and set the 'B' blog as default.

What I would like to do is add a link on the page so anybody who logins could add a new message (or category?).

3. How do I modify the side bar?

Sorry if the questions have been addressed, but I could not find after doing searches. I did find answers to other questions.

2 Jul 20, 2007 10:25

1a) crack open conf/_basic.config.php and add this near the top ( after the <?php tag )

$login_required = true;

1b) Meander over to inc/view/login/ where you'll find a bunch of files to play with ;)

2) When you're logged in there's usually an admin link in the sidebar that will take you to "new post"

3) crack open your skins/<skin name>/_main.php and wander through the code, all of the sidebar stuff is in there.

¥

3 Jul 20, 2007 22:19

"¥åßßå" wrote:

1a) crack open conf/_basic.config.php and add this near the top ( after the <?php tag )

$login_required = true;

Thanks this worked like a charm. I don't know why I couldn't find this, guess I need training on how to do searches.

1b) Meander over to inc/view/login/ where you'll find a bunch of files to play with ;)

Have not had a chance yet, but will thanks again

2) When you're logged in there's usually an admin link in the sidebar that will take you to "new post"

This is not exactly what I was looking for, but could work if I could hide all the tabs, but the write tab. Is there a way to do this. I just went through all settings (I think) but didn't see anyway. I started looking through the files but have not had any luck yet.

3) crack open your skins/<skin name>/_main.php and wander through the code, all of the sidebar stuff is in there.

Ok, I am going through the all the skins to make the modifications. I am tempted to not allow skins to be changed, would be less work on my part.

I would like to change Admin description to Admin/Post, since this would be clearer to the user who is only going write and read messages. Any idea where this is? I have done some looking with out success so far

thanks again this was a great help

4 Jul 24, 2007 11:20

plnnightsky wrote:

This is not exactly what I was looking for, but could work if I could hide all the tabs, but the write tab. Is there a way to do this. I just went through all settings (I think) but didn't see anyway. I started looking through the files but have not had any luck yet.

You'd need to hack the core to remove the tabs as there's no easy way to do it. You're probably better off just leaving them there ;)

plnnightsky wrote:

I would like to change Admin description to Admin/Post, since this would be clearer to the user who is only going write and read messages. Any idea where this is? I have done some looking with out success so far

Change the link in your skin to look something like this :

<?php
user_admin_link( '<li>', '</li>', '', 'Hello world' );
?>

¥

Form is loading...