Recent Topics

1 Jul 26, 2007 09:13    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

You all are so smart regarding PHP and have helped out so much. So, before I start, thanks again for all of your help.

I was originally using the nifty corners design- http://favorista.com/blog --- through this support, I was able to learn how to customize the outline and eventually redid an entire design (that is still ongoing) and move the php codes onto it - http://favorista.com - As you can see, the new blog comes up, and the search is great. However, In the old /blog nifty corner design, when a blog entry is posted, there is a bar that goes across like this - http://favorista.com/images/searchtheblog.gif --- I would like to have that on the new design with a #888888 background as opposed to the bluish on from /blog. However, as you can see, there isn't anything on the new blog of that type.

1) Why did the bar thing disappear on the new blog? I kept the shell at niftycorners/_main.php and substituted my own design and copied the codes exactly.

2) Can I make that bar thing show up for each title of a blog entry with the #888888 background and white font?

Thanks a lot for your help yet again. You guys are lifesavers.

2 Jul 26, 2007 09:45

In the <head> section of _main.php add the folowing:

<style type="text/css">
h3.bTitle{
color: #FFFFFF;
margin 0pt 1ex;
}
div.bTitle{
background-color: #888888;
clear: both;
margin: 1ex 1ex 0pt;
padding: 5px 0pt 4px;
}
</style>

Also add to the <head> section of _main.php:

<script type="text/javascript" src="nifty_corners.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
  window.onload=function()
    {
       if(!NiftyCheck())
          return;
       Rounded("div.outerwrap","all","transparent","#fff","");
       Rounded("div.posts","all","transparent","#fff","");
       Rounded("div.bSideBar","all","transparent","#fff","");
       Rounded("div.bTitle","top","#EFEBD0","#888888","smooth");
     }
</script>

Finally: find the file nifty_corners.js in ../blog/skins/nifty_???/rsc/ and copy it to ../skins/YOURSKIN/

Good luck

3 Jul 26, 2007 14:23

Something did not work correctly: http//favorista.com/

This is what is in the "head" of my _main.php file located at favorista.com/skins/nifty_corners/_main.php

<head>

<style type="text/css">
h3.bTitle{
color: #FFFFFF;
margin 0pt 1ex;
}
div.bTitle{
background-color: #888888;
clear: both;
margin: 1ex 1ex 0pt;
padding: 5px 0pt 4px;
}
</style>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>Favorista.com</title>

<script type="text/javascript" src="nifty_corners.js"></script>
  window.onload=function()
    {
       if(!NiftyCheck())
          return;
       Rounded("div.outerwrap","all","transparent","#fff","");
       Rounded("div.posts","all","transparent","#fff","");
       Rounded("div.bSideBar","all","transparent","#fff","");
       Rounded("div.bTitle","top","#EFEBD0","#888888","smooth");
     }
</script>

</head>

Then, I copied from /blog/nifty_corners/rsc/nifty_corners.js to /nifty_corners/ --- Yet, as you can see, it does not look the same. Where did I go wrong?

In this directory where I edit the main appearance of the blog, the files are: rsc, blog_list.php, _feedback.php, _main.php, nifty_corners.php, skinshot.jpg

I am guessing that I am just not very good at following directions. Continued thanks.

4 Jul 26, 2007 17:56

What I meant was: place in existing head between <head> and </head> and not replace the existing head section by the code I gave.

I will come back to this problem in a few hours time.

5 Jul 26, 2007 18:34

Afwas wrote:

What I meant was: place in existing head between <head> and </head> and not replace the existing head section by the code I gave.

I will come back to this problem in a few hours time.

Heh, ok. You pretty much have to tell me exactly what to do step by step or I won't get it. Thanks.

6 Jul 26, 2007 19:10

Did you find the nifty_corners.js fie ans copy it into the folder of your skin?

7 Jul 26, 2007 19:47

I copied the js file to /public_html/skins/nifty_corners in that directory. Is that what you mean?

8 Jul 26, 2007 22:21

If you can just lay out step by step what to do... where exactly to put what, that would be most appreciated.

9 Jul 26, 2007 22:55

OK, I found it. It was a typo :)
Try this as the head of your skin. This replaces everything from the very top including </head>:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
	<?php skin_content_meta(); /* Charset for static pages */ ?>
	<?php $Plugins->trigger_event( 'SkinBeginHtmlHead' ); ?>
	<title><?php
		$Blog->disp('name', 'htmlhead');
		request_title( ' - ', '', ' - ', 'htmlhead' );
	?></title>
	<?php skin_base_tag(); /* Base URL for this skin. You need this to fix relative links! */ ?>
	<meta name="description" content="<?php $Blog->disp( 'shortdesc', 'htmlattr' ); ?>" />
	<meta name="keywords" content="<?php $Blog->disp( 'keywords', 'htmlattr' ); ?>" />
	<meta name="generator" content="b2evolution <?php echo $app_version ?>" /> <!-- Please leave this for stats -->
	<link rel="alternate" type="text/xml" title="RSS 2.0" href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'rss2_url', 'raw' ) ?>" />
	<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Atom" href="<?php $Blog->disp( 'atom_url', 'raw' ) ?>" />
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="rsc/styles.css" type="text/css" />
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="rsc/nifty_corners.css" />
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="rsc/nifty_print.css" media="print" />
	<script type="text/javascript" src="rsc/nifty_corners.js"></script>
		window.onload=function()
		{
			if(!NiftyCheck())
					return;
			Rounded("div.outerwrap","all","transparent","#EFEBD0","");
			Rounded("div.posts","all","transparent","#EFEBD0","");
			Rounded("div.bSideBar","all","transparent","#888888","");
			Rounded("div.bTitle","top","#EFEBD0","#888888","");
	        }
</script>
</head>

10 Jul 26, 2007 23:03

I haven't been sitting around. I made a custom skin, three columns nifty corners with your colours. I called it Favorista.

You can donwload the complete skin as a zip file. Unzip it and upload the complete folder to ../skins/ It should now turn up as favorista in your list of skins.

You should change the logo image to nicer colours.

Happy blogging

11 Jul 26, 2007 23:59

Wow. Thanks. I will be spending some time to try and figure this all out, but thank you very much for all of your effort.

12 Jul 27, 2007 00:01

The one that was downloaded, pls retry, the background image was not refreshed, corrected in new version.

13 Jul 27, 2007 00:47

Afwas wrote:

The one that was downloaded, pls retry, the background image was not refreshed, corrected in new version.

Yeah I was able to figure that out. I just made an image with the #EFEBD0 and changed the background color and that worked. Again, thanks a lot. You were an incredible amount of help.

Form is loading...