Recent Topics

1 Jul 28, 2007 06:16    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Hi - I am brand-new to b2e and need a small amount of guidance on this topic. Please bear with me and if you can either provide some ideas or point me where to go, I will not post unnecessarily in the future, but I'm a little overwhelmed on this subject.

I want to be able to post to b2e using a WYSIWYG editor. At first I thought I'd use the fckeditor plugin, but the instructions went WAY over my head as a brand-new user.

Then, I came upon several options (a) scribefire, (b) justblogit, (c) windows live writer, (d) blogdesk - I'm not sure if anyone has suggestion on which is best suited to b2e, but I have those options on the table and am in need of (a) opinions on personal experiences with any of these and (b) help in configuring them to work...

I realize the configuration answers may be online already, so if someone cares to point me to already published info, in addition to their opinions, that would be greatly appreciated as well...

2 Jul 28, 2007 09:00

You can install the [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/Plugins/tinymce_plugin]tinyMCE plugin[/url]. To do so follow the direction (somethin like download the plugin, unzip and upload to the ../blog/plugin/ folder).

It now shows in the write tab in the cackoffice (where you normally write your posts. In a quadrant on your right bottom side you can enable / disable the plugin.

This is not a solution to blog from outside B2evo. I have no experience with Live Writer or the such.

3 Jul 28, 2007 10:34

Thank you for your quick reply! I will try that, as it sounds simpler than the fckeditor installation. I have since managed to get both Live Writer AND ScribeFire to work for me, so I will try the TinyMCE as well as those two and see what works best.

Thanks again!

Form is loading...