Recent Topics

1 Jul 30, 2007 22:26    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

There's something about the php rendering on my website:

www.comiclist.com

That is locking up IE 7.0, though it may be locking up other versions of IE.

I think it may be connected to my web host saying the site sometimes causes issues due to "slow PHP queries."

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

2 Jul 31, 2007 02:41

This may help:

1) The "freezing" occurs when IE is trying to load the site; nothing comes up at all; at the bottom of IE it says "waiting for comiclist.com."

2) Firefox and Opera do not have a problem loading the site.

3) Back on July 16th, this comment was left on my site: "Just wanted to know if something has changed on your side - when I try to access the weekly updated comic list, the php script hangs and pegs out my IE process. This has been going on a for a few weeks. I thought maybe I'm the only one having trouble, but it's happened on a couple of different PCs besides mine. Very weird."

4) If I delete the temporary internet files in IE on my home computer, I can then load comiclist.com without any issues, at least once.

5) I think it has something to do with something unique to the Stockholm skin I use, because if I change the default skin, the page reloads in IE. However, I can't figure what I did to the skin to cause the problem.

3 Jul 31, 2007 04:01

Oddly, the reverse happened to me. Loaded fine in ie7 ... then kicked off ie6 and got a "not responding" message after minutes of waiting for content to load. Killed tha process ... then reloaded in ie6 and all seems to be fine?

V.Strange.

Hope this info helps.

4 Jul 31, 2007 04:02

I just added #4 to my list of ideas... do you see anything odd in the skin that could be causing the problem?

5 Jul 31, 2007 08:12

Your main page is large. That shouldn't be a problem, but a time out can occur in slow connections.
If your host complains about slow php it is probably slow in connection to it's servers and it's his servers that are slow. But I can't see the php that you are using from here. A huge database search can slow things up, but that's not what I am seeing.

In FF your page loads fine through a not too fast DSL connection.

What I suggest you is click the "Validate XHTML" link at the bottom of your site and fix the 47 errors. I think your IE problem lies there.

Good luck

6 Jul 31, 2007 11:26

nope. its not the validation errors.

If you grab the source of the page and load that into your browser -- it loads quite quickly.

8 Jul 31, 2007 11:55

interesting.

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know what it was.

9 Jul 31, 2007 12:02

You are welcome. And thank you to Afwas for pointing out the XHTML errors, I'm working on them now and have them under 30.

10 Jul 31, 2007 12:54

interesting -- it loaded pretty quick for me when I grabbed it.. ah well, glad you got it working :)

11 Jul 31, 2007 14:23

Me too! Not having the site load correctly in IE can be a very bad thing.

The "home page" is now down to one error, a "noscript" issue. Now I need to get the other skins corrected as well.

12 Jul 31, 2007 14:41

cslepage wrote:

Me too! Not having the site load correctly in IE can be a very bad thing.

The "home page" is now down to one error, a "noscript" issue. Now I need to get the other skins corrected as well.

Place the <noscript> ... </noscript> after the </h3> tag.

Form is loading...