Recent Topics

1 Aug 15, 2007 01:11    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I know there seem to be a couple of threads and tutorials on this, but by what I can see they're all outdated (requiring me to edit info in config files, etc...). Now that there's a whole section for these settings in the backoffice, I'm guessing things have changed since that info was written.

What do I need to know about setting up post by email? I've filled out all the stuf using my host's pop3 email account (avoided Gmail), but when I try the Test link it says it can't connect. Any suggestions or ideas of what's going on here?

Also, I think I have no way to set up a cron job, but I don't see any getmail.php anyway in the htsrv (only getfile). What's the new system, the only info I see is here:
http://randsco.com/index.php/2005/04/06/posting_via_email

and as I said it looks old

EDIT:

Here's the eror I get

Connecting to pop server...
Connection failed: POP3 connect: Error [] []

2 Aug 15, 2007 16:03

BUMP

I found webcron.org so I can do the cron, and I found the file in the /cron folder.

Still, the error doesn't give me much to go on...

3 Aug 18, 2007 03:12

I am having similar difficulties. I, too, looked at the guide in the above link, and have set things up properly in my App Seetings --> Features tab. I even tried setting things up manually in the _advanced.php file as several posts suggested for previous versions.

When I enable debugging in getmail.php, and execute

/usr/bin/php getmail.php

I get this:

Connecting to pop server...<br />
POP3 SEND [connect: mail.mydomain.net] GOT [+OK <28753.1187397815@mail.mydomain.net>]
POP3 SEND [NOOP] GOT [+OK ]
POP3 SEND [QUIT] GOT [+OK ]
Logging into pop server...<br />
No mail or Login Failed:POP3 login: No connection to server <br/>

(and I did substitute mydomain for my actual domain name).

I implemented the NOOP hack from other posts b/c I am connecting to a Qmail server and was previously getting the non RFC 1939 compliant server error.

I have telnetted to port 110 from this host to the mail host and can successfully connect with the username and password for my blogging email user.

It appears to me in looking at the debug info, the script is somehow disconnecting before it sends the USER and PASS commands. I am not a coder, and while I have poured over the _pop3.class.php and getmail.php files, I can't seem to figure out precisely how they work or why this would be happening.

I get the same basic results using the Platform Server Test links in the backoffice.

Does anyone have any other troubleshooting steps or recommendations on how to address this problem? Any logs I should be looking in to help narrow down precisely what is going on?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

4 Aug 23, 2007 00:36

Well LOL ... I suppose 2005 IS old, but to me ... it seems new. (only what ... 2 years?)

Anyway ... if y'all find anything "new" ... pls let me know and i"ll update/post the new info.

(Only as new as yer recent comment/request, eh?)

Cheers,

Form is loading...