Recent Topics

1 Aug 18, 2007 10:47    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Okey, I am still having problems with staying logged in, I am constantly beeing thrown out, and need to login again (as descriped in this thread: http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=12355 ), but so far I have no luck in finding a solution.

The problem is the same no matter what browser og PC I use, so I think that the error must be in B2evo or the database or my ISP....

Normally I browse my blog in IE7 (not logged in) while at the same time (logged in) editing in Firefox2, on the same PC, could this be a problem ?

I have to try something, so I would like to optimize my database, but unfortunately, I do not know how to do this. I have been looking around inside MyPhpAdmin, but the only thing i could find, was: Optimize table which looks like it has to be done on every single table in the database. Is this a good idea ?

I read in the thread about database backup, that "Ed's idea of emptying sessions/hitlogs is a GREAT idea, especially if you have scads of data. Smaller files are always easier to work with."
How do I empty sessions/hitlogs ?

Please friends, I am getting frustrated, any help is highly appriciated !

2 Aug 18, 2007 13:01

So you have a day off?

What you could do to rule out some causes is making a copy of the blog on another host. You can open an account by one of the many free hosts or setup a lamp (linux) or wamp (windows) or devphp (windows) server at home and migrate it there.
It requires a backup from the database from phpmyadmin. For the tweakers: I even have a blog on my homeserver that uses the database of the host's server.

Another hint is this: there are add-ons for firefox and a few of them are related to cookies, like the 'Edit Cookie' plugin. This allows you to check if the cookies are there and if they are set properly, like from the correct site and with an expiration date set in the future. Link: https://addons.mozilla.org.
Note that IE sets it's own cookies,

Good luck

Form is loading...