Recent Topics

1 Sep 02, 2007 02:16    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I have one category of posts that are set to protected so that only registered members can see them. I would like everyone else to see a little blurb that says "If you were a member you could read this entry". Is that possible?

The other thing I would like to do is assign a default image to post with all posts within a specified category. It would be the same image every time. Is that possible?

4 Sep 02, 2007 03:52

I can give you the answer to the first question, if you like:
"You're never going to get this working"
but I'm still looking into it, there may be walk arounds.

5 Sep 02, 2007 15:38

I have one category of posts that are set to protected so that only registered members can see them. I would like everyone else to see a little blurb that says "If you were a member you could read this entry". Is that possible?

I may be misunderstanding what you mean, but I've placed a published post with a similar message, backdated to before any of my protected posts, so members don't have to go past it to get to what they want to read, but non-members only see that first post. I said something along of the lines of "if this is the first post you see, please check that you are logged in".

If you mean just the category, i.e. if somebody specifically clicks on that category, then I'd just make sure it was labelled with that category...

Maybe this isn't what you're looking for, but I thought I'd at least give it a try...

Form is loading...