Recent Topics

1 Sep 08, 2007 19:39    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Greeting All!

Well I took the plunge and upgraded. Followed the docs and replaced all my files, saved off config basic, then replaced when done.

Ran the installer verified config correct choose Upgrade from early version. It did the upgrade, data base OK etc. NO ERRORS.

Opened admin and got:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php on line 279

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/dataobjects/_dataobjectcache.class.php on line 121

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/dataobjects/_dataobjectcache.class.php on line 121

ERRORS LOADING ADMIN THE ADMIN DOES NOT SHOW ONLY ERRORS
----------------------------------------------------
Went back and opened blog, its there but no CSS or Template and has these errors:
ERRORS LOADING BLOGWarning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php on line 279

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/skins/_skin.funcs.php on line 71

error in RIGHT COL

Opened Admin cause I could see it and changed template to MIAMI blue. Did change but still have all of the above errors. I noted in the docs about the header error and it being from a previouse edit...I have not made any edits to the config since install. However, have made several to main.php in our template.

The blog has worked with no problems for over a year! The docs for the upgrade are good and YES it was easy. :D

Need help to get it working...NOT a PHP person. :roll:

Thanks
Lcdude

3 Sep 09, 2007 19:28

Thanks for the reply. I read the post and downloaded the patch refered too. I renamed the file and repaced it with the new one.

I still have errors. The conversation in the post appears old and reffers to 1.9 is there an official patch for this with 1.10.2?

There is much here I don't understand. Am I suppose to add all the things talked about to the patch file? I am not a PHP person. These are delvelopers...and its all over my head. :oops:

I did read everyhting an try. Here is the PHP output:
PHP Version 4.4.1

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.32, Copyright (c) 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd., and with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.8, Copyright (c) 2003-2005, by Zend Technologies with Zend Optimizer v2.5.10, Copyright (c) 1998-2005, by Zend Technologies

Current errors after patch:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php on line 279

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php on line 2886

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php on line 2887

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php on line 2888

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php on line 2889

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php on line 2984

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php on line 2987

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also please advise on spammer trackbacks we got hit with a mess even thought the blog is offline. 8|

I can edit the file if need be...please advise.

Thanks!

Lcdude

4 Sep 09, 2007 19:43

I am a bit worried about the new error:

You might be right and you may have overwritten some 1.10 code by the 1.9 version. See if you can undo this, probably by copying all the files from th 1.10 distribution to the server.

Here come the things you want to change to get rid of the notices (from a clean install);
In ../blogs/inc/MODEL/dataobjects/_dataobjectcache.class.php approximately line 119 add the &:

/**
* TODO
*/
function & new_obj( $row = NULL )
{
$objtype = $this->objtype;

// Instantiate a custom object
$obj = & new $objtype( $row ); // COPY !!

return $obj;
} 

In blogs/inc/MODEL/dataobjects/_dataobjectlist2.class.php on line 130:
In blogs/inc/MODEL/dataobjects/_dataobjectlist.class.php on line 111:
In blogs/inc/MODEL/files/_filelist.class.php on line 846:
change:

$r = false;
return $r; 

to:

$r = false;
$tempVar = & $r;
return $tempVar;

Good luck

5 Sep 09, 2007 19:53

Regarding the trackback spam: please do not ask two different questions in one post (and make the title of your post correspond with the question).

The answer is:
Install the [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=12041][Plugin] Antispam DNS trackback. The end solution[/url] and you want the [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/Plugins/captcha_img_plugin]Captcha Plugin[/url] that allows you to hide the trackback link. See the settings of the plugin for more information.

Good luck

6 Sep 09, 2007 20:15

WOW! Thanks for the reply...FAST. :D

I will copy all new 1.10.2 files on to the server.
I will apply all of the edits as instructed.

Thanks for the Spam info. Yes I can see the problem of two questions. I will be more careful.

I will post my results...

Thanks Again for such a PROMPT reply.
The help is really appreciated! B)

Lcdude

7 Sep 09, 2007 23:29

First I unzipped the download and send all new files to the server!

I applied all the patches and verified the files. I also changed from our template to one of the others as ours seems to cause problems. The new one shows up ours does not (OrginalB2).

As long as I don't login in to the backend we are up now with only these errors:

If I login to the backend I get these errors:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/VIEW/login/_header.php on line 29
AT LOGIN:

It seems I have not done something correctly. I did list the files on the server to verify the changes and the files are correct, size also.

When I login I now get these errors:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php on line 2886

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php on line 2887

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php on line 2888

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php on line 2889

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php on line 2984

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/_misc/_misc.funcs.php on line 2987

After this nothing appears as far as the backend the errors are all I see.

Thanks in advance...for you help.
Lcdude
[/url]

8 Sep 09, 2007 23:41

The error:

comes from line 119 in my previous post. Notice the & in this line;

$obj = & new $objtype( $row ); // COPY !!

Then there are a few other places that may give related errors. These are reported by skawdriver:

File: _dataobjectcache.class.php
Edit line 119 to: $obj = & new $objtype( $row );

File: _dataobjectlist2.class.php
Edit line 129 to: $r = false;
Edit line 130 to: $temp = & $r;
Edit line 131 to: return $temp;

File: _dataobjectlist.class.php
Edit line 110 to: $r = false;
Edit line 111 to: $temp = & $r;
Edit line 112 to: return $temp;

File: _genericcache.class.php
Edit line 65 to: $obj = & new $objtype( $row );

File: _adminUI_general.class.php
Edit line 776 to: $r = false;
Edit line 777 to: $temp = & $r;
Edit line 778 to: return $temp;

File: _filelist.class.php
Edit line 845 to: $r = false;
Edit line 846 to: $temp = & $r;
Edit line 847 to: return $temp;

Please check these lines first (do recheck b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/dataobjects/_dataobjectcache.class.php on line 119 or 121. You may have made a typo).

If the errors in the backoffice persist, please report back to this topic.

Good luck

9 Sep 09, 2007 23:55

I will double check the files. Also going to check everything else I just found 4 files in inc/session/ all 4 were the wrong file sizes. I do not trust our host we have had problems before.

Nothing I can say can ever thank you for your help! Never have I ever gotten this kind of support this fast anywhere. It would seem B2 support is the very best!

Lcdude

10 Sep 09, 2007 23:59

Remember that you can always start again by uploading the files form the inc folder to the server.

Thanks for the kind words.

Good luck

11 Sep 10, 2007 01:53

Your are correct I made syntax errors no "&" in line.
All edits are as near as I can tell now correct. Except maybe the File:

_genericcache.class.php
Edit line 65 to: $obj = & new $objtype( $row );

There was a line 66 which did not match this so I removed it.

Great news the blog comes up with no errors http://woodworlds.com/b2/blogs

However if you click on anyhting you get these errors and some things no longer work like captcha.

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/collections/_blogcache.class.php on line 179

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/skins/_skin.funcs.php on line 71
FRONT END:IF you click on anything like comments (captcha no longer works)

IF you click on Login:

Login Admin:Before Name and PW

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_hit.class.php:279) in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/VIEW/login/_header.php on line 29

Now only two errors!

After login to backoffice:

Login After Name and PW:Login in Backoffice:

ADMIN NEVER APPEARS:

Using Install goto Admin:
Admin appears:

Once again now way to say thanks for the help! Great support!
:D I will sleep on it and try again tomorrow...

Lcdude

12 Sep 10, 2007 02:24

Can you send me through Personal Mail (that's the PM button under this mail) your email adress and I will send you a fix.

Good luck

13 Sep 11, 2007 01:50

Greetings Afwas!

Great news followed your direction to the letter. Everyhting works! We have only two minor errors. I believe these are the files not being replaced on upload. I have had a problem with this. I will try and work this out.

The first error is on the frontend:

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/collections/_blogcache.class.php on line 179

Front end if you click on comments

The second is on plugins:

Plugin info
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: name() in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/VIEW/settings/_set_plugins_editsettings.form.php on line 75

admin click on install configure
PLUGIN DO SHOW AS INSTALLED!

Thats it other than these two minor problems all is well. I will also install when working the plugins you metioned.

"The grateful mind is constantly fixed upon the best. Therefore it tends to become the best. It takes the form or character of the best and will receive the best."

The best support bar none! Saying thanks hardly seems enough! Not to mention the site owner wanted to switch to well "WP". Easy for him to say he does not have to learn it.

Regards
Lcdude

14 Sep 11, 2007 02:24

I will let you do the last one. In ../blogs/inc/MODEL/_blogcache.class.php find on limes 175 - 180:

if( empty( $row ) )
  { // Requested object does not exist
   if( $halt_on_error ) debug_die( "Requested $this->objtype does not exist!" );
   $r = false;
   return $r;
  }

and change to:

if( empty( $row ) )
   $r = false;
   $tempVar = & $r;
   return $tempVar;
  }

Regarding the plugin error the following: Look at the list of plugins. Either the plugin is not in the plugin folder (a blue round with an exclamation mark (!) shows at the start of the line and you tick the red cross (x) at the end of the line to delete the plugin, or, second possibility, the plugin is available but not installed. This shows as a white empty round before the plugin. Tick the symbol at the end of the line, similar to 0->@. This activates the plugin. If this fails, check the version of the plugin. You may want to install newer copies. Incidently a plugin may appear installed (black dot before the line) but if it's an incompatible version, it will not work. Try to refresh the plugin (deactivate then activate) or download a newer version if available.

Thanks for the compliments.

Happy blogging

15 Sep 11, 2007 18:29

Greetings Afwas!

Made the edit and error is gone, All is well except plugins. Did as you said and installed new ones. All plugins appear to work the error is when you try to open and configure a plugin. This applies to ALL plugins.

The only problem now is to be able to OPEN a plugin and change it!

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: name() in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/inc/VIEW/settings/_set_plugins_editsettings.form.php on line 75

Lcdude
99% Happy Blogger :lol:

16 Sep 12, 2007 01:34

The function name() resides in the file /blogs/inc/MODEL/collections/_blog.class.php at around line 1010. Can you check whether the file exists ans is not currupt? Probably this is one of the files that weren't correctly copied to the server.

Good luck

17 Sep 12, 2007 03:03

Same error! Verfied file _blog.class.php 33046 bytes seems fine. Replaced all the files in the folder anyway with new ones.

I am also replacing just to be safe the files in the inc/View folder.

Lcdude

18 Sep 12, 2007 03:10

Fixed VIEW/settings/

replaced all the files everything worls!

100% Happy Blogger!

THANK YOU - for all the help BTW went and looked at you blog...NICE!

Lcdude

19 Sep 12, 2007 05:16

Well done, now you can start with the real job: making interesting posts.

Have fun

20 Sep 12, 2007 21:46

Spoke to soon...Configured new template and turned on adsense and others new error

Only when Digg and Adsense are turned on

I will make a new post requarding these

Lcdude

21 Sep 12, 2007 22:40

Here we go again :lol:

Crack open ../b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/collections/_blogcache.class.php and find on lines 175 - 180:

if( empty( $row ) )
   $r = false;
   return $r;
  }

and make that:

if( empty( $row ) )
   $r = false;
   $tempVar = & $r;
   return $tempVar;
  }

Good luck

22 Sep 14, 2007 23:48

Greetings! :D

We that edit to care of the last front end error. So I started testing plugins. Adsense replaced with a new one. See the post "Purple Frog" and scroll down slowly and the post and header disappear. http://woodworlds.com/b2/blogs/index.php/links
Just to make sure I pasted one(adsense ad) in the bottom of the template where it says "Next Page" so as to know it was not a template problem.

The Youtube plugin says on insert movie "Are you sure you want to navigate away from here...and does not insert movie.

The EvoAmazon plguin seems to work but has all these errors when you open it

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/plugins/evoamazon_plugin/_evoamazon.plugin.php on line 121

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/plugins/evoamazon_plugin/_evoamazon.plugin.php on line 136
Notice: Undefined index: ImageUrlMedium in /home/woodworl/public_html/b2/blogs/plugins/evoamazon_plugin/_evoamazon.plugin.php on line 169

Most of the other plugins appear to work like ping, smilies, captcha, spam etc. as near as I can tell.

Lcdude

23 Sep 14, 2007 23:57

Welcome back,

This time I really need you to ask to move this to another topic. There is a complete [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewforum.php?f=9]part of the forum[/url] dedicated to the plugins.

In your case, you want to make sure you have the latest version of the plugin. You can search / find the these in the [url=http://plugins.b2evolution.net/]Plugin Directory[/url]. If you have any questions left, try to find the topic about the specific plugin in the plugins forum and ask there.

Good luck

24 Sep 15, 2007 18:38

No problem thought I would need to do that. Thanks Aggin for all you help!

Lcdude

Form is loading...