Recent Topics

1 Sep 22, 2007 02:18    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

After just installing 1.10.2 under ubuntu-server 7.04, I can't log in at all. The install seemed to go fine without any major difficulties. I got through to the point where a password is issued for the admin account, and I clicked on the link to log in (going to http://66.69.216.168/blogs/admin.php). There, I put in "admin" and the password (yes, I checked for spelling/case) and click "Log In!"... and am immediately returned to the same page. No message about wrong login/pass combination or anything like that, but the persistent "You must log in!" message in red at the top. No other error messages suggesting the root cause of the problem.

Help? :D

Thanks.

2 Sep 22, 2007 02:33

You can try to delete the two cookies from B2evo. Then try to login agaiin.

A problem like this is reported before. There is was caused by an install from Fantastico:
Please check the file ../blogs/conf/_basic_config.php. There you find the variable $baseurl on line 97

$baseurl = 'http://www.yoursite etc/'

It must end with one slash (/) not two and do check *ttp://www.

Try these first. If the problem persist, please report back to this topic.

Good luck

3 Sep 22, 2007 02:55

I didn't find any cookies on my local machine (from where I was running the web browser) labeled with anything like b2evolution -- that may be a clue. Incidentally, I'm running Safari 2.0.4 under Mac OS 10.4.10 and I have Safari set to accept cookies from sites I specifically browse to, so I'm surprised that there's evidently no cookie from b2evolution. Just to be 100% sure, I cleared all cookies out of Safari and browsed back to the login screen for b2evo. Same result as before.

I also checked $baseurl in blogs/conf/_basic_config.php which reads

$baseurl = 'http://66.69.216.168/blogs/';

So the syntax appears okay. (I did run into the post about the trailing slash issue and checked my $baseurl. Before I posted this I did search the forum archives and didn't find anything that seemed exactly like the problem I'm having.)

Any additional suggestions? Thanks for the guidance and the quick response!

4 Sep 22, 2007 03:11

If you are running from localhost try:
$baseurl = '66.69.216.168/blogs/';
or
$baseurl = 'localhost/blogs/';
But my local hosted blog runs *with* the *ttp://

Another issue I had with my setup was that the local machine was only accesable through the IP that was assigned to it through the DSL modem, so localhost is IP 192.168.1.64 and $baseurl=*ttp://192.168.1.64/blogs/

It looks ok there are no cookies, they probably get set once you logged in.

5 Sep 22, 2007 03:15

Can you login from the site? Goto *link removed*, hit Blog #2: Blog A Title (a), in the sidebar hit 'Login'. From there I get the login screen without the warning.

Direct access, try: *link removed*

6 Sep 22, 2007 03:55

The links you sent did work; I was able to get to Blog #2 and found Login there in the sidebar. That took me to the login page, and I logged in with my admin password just fine by clicking "Log in!". But if I choose "Log into backoffice!" after entering my login/pass, it takes me to the login screen where I was having the trouble described previously. There I put in my login and password and get exactly that same problem ("You must log in!" in red, everytime I try to login.)

So for the moment, while the software is allowing me to login, evidently, to only view the existing demonstration blog pages that come with the distribution, it's not letting me log into the backoffice. After viewing the sample blog, I tried leaving a comment as a test and that appeared to work. But again, when I try to access the backoffice to, e.g., set up a new user, or do any kind of administrative tasks, I just get that same login page again and again, as before.

7 Sep 22, 2007 04:22

If you are logged in, go to the blog and in the sidepanel, there should now be the option 'Admin'. That is, of you are logged in correctly, let's hope so ;). If you hit Admin, you get into the backoffice.

Does this work?

8 Sep 22, 2007 04:28

Unfortunately no, there's no such "admin" option in the sidebar. I did a global search for that string on the page to make sure I wasn't just overlooking it, but the only instances of "admin" are (a) the "Contact the admin" link at the bottom of the page, and (b) the "by admin" and the letter icon by the datestamp in the header of each section of the blog. Is there by chance a screenshot somewhere on the web that would show me where I should be seeing it in the sidebar?

9 Sep 22, 2007 04:41

Are you sure the browser accepts cookies?
The Admin (login to backoffice) should appear where the 'login' now is, under 'Misc'. That is, it appears if you are logged in correctly.
Can you send me your password through Personal Mail (that's the PM button under this post) so I can have a look?

10 Sep 22, 2007 04:51

Will do on the password. I tried setting up Safari to accept all cookies and still get the same results. When I look at the cookies currently set, I'm not seeing anything related to b2evo, which is likely another clue.

11 Sep 22, 2007 05:05

Yes, there is something wrong with the cookies. I advise you to try another browser / computer. I just succesfully logged into your blog and left a message. All seems correct from the blog point of view.

12 Sep 22, 2007 05:29

Thanks again for having a look at it for me. Sure enough, on trying it with IE, I had no trouble getting to the backoffice. So there seems to be something weird about the way Safari handles cookies, at least as applies to b2evo, that I haven't seen before.

13 Sep 22, 2007 05:49

Since we know now what the problem is, I was able to find an old [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=8070&highlight=safari]post in this forum[/url] describing that the problem lies in the way Safari does not save cookies if they are from an IP (number) rather than an URL (name).
Unfortunately there is no solution in the post.

At least you are not alone :)

Happy blogging

Form is loading...