Recent Topics

1 Sep 24, 2007 22:43    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

So..I put the calendar code into my sidebar, and it shows just fine in the index/front page of my site. Once you navigate to any of the other pages on my site, the content area doesn't show, only the header.php displays. But I get this where my calendar should be

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/nhewdgfu/public_html/happyface/head1.php on line 60

And this is line 60

$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Calr', array(      // Params follow:

I used the calendar code on this page > http://manual.b2evolution.net/Create_a_new_skin

I put the code into my header.php file, and the header is added into each page and the _main.php file.

What am I doing wrong?!

2 Sep 25, 2007 11:38

I'm guessing here, but if your head1.php file is loaded before the core B2evo includes and stuff, PHP doesn't know what a "$Plugins" is (because it's not been defined/loaded by the time head1.php comes into play), and therefore the error. A link to your site could help to diagnose the problem.

4 Sep 25, 2007 14:25

I don't see the error anywhere in your front page. So, did you solve it?

6 Sep 25, 2007 14:49

jejeje, You can be surprised sometimes by our speed :-)

I suspect your problem is as I said, because the "about kimmie" page doesn't come from b2evolution.

I guess there are several solutions. One, I think, is to do the initializations in your "aboutme.php" as they are done in, for instance, blogs/default.php, and then you go with your business as usual.

Another solution is to create a blog with one post (the intended contents of your "About Kimmie" page), and call it through a stub file (see the file "blogs/a_stub.php").

I would prefer the second approach, because that way I only have to modify one file (skins/myskin/_main.php) when I want to do a global change in the appearance of the site, but it's up to you really.

Hope this helps,

7 Sep 25, 2007 14:51

That does help. I'm going to try the second one you suggested. It seems a lot more "put together."

Thanks for being patient with me and helping! :)

8 Sep 25, 2007 14:53

There you go. Just let us know when you solve it and how so others can benefit from it. Collective knowledge or something, you know.

Have fun!

Form is loading...