Recent Topics

1 Sep 26, 2007 00:50    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hello, I met b2evo months after giving up with WPMU and its variants. I would like to give b2evo a try, it looks very promising to me.

The thing that attracted me was the terms "multi-blog" and "multi-user". I am asking this question because I want to make sure that I get it right.

I am willing to open a site for bikers, where they can create and post their own blogs (and perhaps make comments on others' blogs). It should be piece of cake to sign up for a blog. On my homepage, I would like to display a list of newest blogs and blog posts, blog comments etc.

I checked the demo and maybe I get the wrong impression. What actually means multi-blog and multi-user? Does the multi-blog feature mean several blogs that belong to a single user and other users can log-in to these blogs and post there? Actually, I got a bit confused.

2 Sep 26, 2007 01:06

Hi and welcome on the forum.

The idea of multi-blog and multi-user is that you decide how you organize your blog(s). You can have many people working on one blog, everybody writing on their own blog and everyting in between.

Have a look at the links in the [url=htp://www.b2evolution.net]frontpage[/url] and the [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewforum.php?f=11]Side showcase[/url] section in the forum.

A bit confusing can be the word 'blog'. It's used for both the engine and the blog people write on. A blog consitst of several blogs. Each for every topic or author or what you want. The blogs are separated through the tabs you'll see prominent on the page. What I try to make clear: all blogs together make B2evolution in one single install.

Do have a look at some sites and if you have subsequent questions, come back to the forum.

Good luck

3 Sep 26, 2007 01:51

I have checked the sites in the showcase and found an application similar to my purpose:

http://extern.naumburger-tageblatt.de/ntb/b2evolution/

where the newspaper is offering blogs to its readers. But I guess the users have to ask for one.

In my case, I want my users get a blog upon registering and have their blog reachable at mydomain.com/username.

I see that b2evo has a far more complicated concept than my purpose, but I don't want to create blogs for the users myself or mess with configurations, I just would like to know if I can use b2evo for the purpose what Wordpress MU or Lyceum is trying to achieve. Any more advices?

5 Sep 26, 2007 02:06

Also, you can setup categories and sub-categories and allow every blogger to post in them -cross posting categories-. With the Categories in the sidebar you aggregate posts on a particular topic.

Form is loading...