Recent Topics

1 Oct 10, 2007 17:56    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

after i login to the blog system i can access all pages but when i go to exit to blogs i get

The default skin [l33t_gray] set for blog [Blog A] does not exist. It must be properly set in the blog properties or properly overriden in a stub file. Contact the webmaster...

this then gives me a link to go back to homepage then i get

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /blogs/ on this server.

i chmod 777 the blogs directory and did all the other permissions changes

skins directory has chmod 755 and has skins there

if i go to plugins tab i get the offer to download admin.php which i would guess is wrong

i guess i have a permissions problem somewhere but where ?

2 Oct 10, 2007 18:58

chmod is not going to help. It's an Apache (web server) problem. Have you set up your .htaccess file properly?

Also be aware that all permissions should be default, except the /media/ folder which should be writable.

Don't set 777 for anything!!! It's a huge security risk.

3 Oct 11, 2007 11:13

sorry my fault some of the links off the admin page go to the blogs directory (which doesnt go anywhere and obviously cant get a directory listing ) rather than linking to a blog so thats ok.
only problem i have now is when i click on the plugins tab in the admin , admin.php comes up as a download rather than taking me to the page that manages pugins - just worked i out tried to install autoblog plugin and it obviously overwrote something
thanks for all your help

Form is loading...