Recent Topics

1 Oct 16, 2007 03:00    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Hi,

I am ready to upgrade my blog and I am even more encouraged by the simplified upgrade instructions given by Francois at:

http://b2evolution.net/news/2007/08/05/1_10_upgrade_now#comments

but I still have 1 concern that I would like to be addressed before I proceed.

What happens if while I upload the 1.10.2 files over my 1.9.3 blog, someone is visiting my blog? Could it be dangerous that my DB becomes corrupted because the PHP script would be invoking functions in other files that would be a mix of the 2 versions?

Thanks,

2 Oct 16, 2007 05:28

Ok,

I think that I have replied myself. I have set the flag maintenance_mode to 1 in basic_config.php.

My upgrade is completed. BTW, I have not perceive any changes from the previous version to the new one even after having consulted the version history document. I suspect that not all the work done since 1.9.3 has been documented. Is this correct? What are the main benefits from using an upgrade to 1.10.2? faster,safer, better stability?

Thanks,

3 Oct 16, 2007 10:35

Hi,

The version number notes change in the database. The changes from 1.9.x to 1.10.x were not spectacular, as I recall. On the other hand, if to wait a while for a stable 2.0.x you *will* be surprised. 8|

Good luck

Form is loading...