Recent Topics

1 Oct 17, 2007 18:58    

Hi,
I have to make a "snapshot" of one existing site that is based on b2evolution. Those snapshots need to be put onto CD-ROMs (or DVDs, didn't decide yet) so that web server and b2evolution run directly off that readonly media. Web server with b2evolution and database server should start off CD/DVD automatically when CDROM is inserted into tray (of course if autorun is enabled) on Windows and MacOS X.
It seems that this special web server can be used for such task:
[url=http://www.stunnix.com/prod/aws/overviews.shtml] web server for cdrom[/url]
Have anybody heard of doing something like that with b2evolution?

2 Oct 17, 2007 19:10

No I have no experience on this.
Yes, it certainly is possible, but in fact you can look for any linux distrivution that is able to run off a CD-ROM or USB-stick. That might requie some major tweaking of the Linux distro, but on the other hand, the $239,- as asked by Stunnix is ridiculous in my opinion. So I advise you to Google around before you decide.

Good luck

3 Nov 05, 2007 17:29

Afwas wrote:

No I have no experience on this.
Yes, it certainly is possible, but in fact you can look for any linux distrivution that is able to run off a CD-ROM or USB-stick. That might requie some major tweaking of the Linux distro, but on the other hand, the $239,- as asked by Stunnix is ridiculous in my opinion. So I advise you to Google around before you decide.

Good luck

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply!

Unfortunately running Linux OFF CD is not an option since it requires a reboot, probably going to BIOS to enable booting off CD. Also all equipment may not function correctly in linux due to absence of drivers on live cd..

I found no other product on the web that let me run web server from cd on both Windows and Mac OS X..

Form is loading...