Recent Topics

1 Oct 23, 2007 14:29    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

b2evo v 1.10.2

Something's gone wrong. Im setting up a B2evo blog for a friend. Its just about ready to go live but problem...the Admin User Account I created for him is bringing up a fatal error when I try to view his profile (I have an admin account to):

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/statimco/public_html/blog/inc/VIEW/users/_users_form.php on line 119

Fatal error: Call to a member function dget() on a non-object in /home/statimco/public_html/blog/inc/VIEW/users/_users_form.php on line 120

No problem accessing or editing my profile. Neither my user account or his has the "delete user" option in USER MANAGEMENT but I created a duplicate of his account which does have the delete user option and no problems accesing the profile. Where have our "delete user" options gone? Can I delete them elsewhere?

All help appreciated,
Sally

2 Oct 23, 2007 14:45

Update:

I logged myself out and logged in as him, all is working fine under his account so Im assuming the error is something to do with it being me trying to access his details...but why the big error message?

He can access and change my profile but I cant with his. We have all of the same Admin permissions.

3 Oct 23, 2007 15:08

Hi,
I'm sure somebody else can give you a better answer, but mine does the same. If I need to make changes to the admin profile, I have to log in as admin. However, I'm the only person controlling it, so it's not a problem for me. I'm guessing it's to do with the fact that the "admin" account is the one that has to remain (can't be deleted) and it ensures that only the blog owner can deal with it - maybe so other admins can't take over? ;) It would be helpful to know if there is a way around it, I agree - or at the very least, to have an explanatory message instead of an error warning.

Sorry I haven't helped, but just wanted to let you know that I think it's just part of everybody's installation, and if there's a problem with yours, I have the same problem ;)

Another option would be to set up *another* admin level account with a different name for him, and just let the main admin account be a token placeholder, so to speak.

I don't know about the "delete user" problem. When I log into my other admin account, I can delete any user except for myself (obviously) and "admin".

4 Oct 25, 2007 05:32

Thank you :)

Nice to know Im not alone. If this is the norm it wont be a major here either, blog will only need one admin account.

Form is loading...