Recent Topics

1 Oct 27, 2007 18:28    

My b2evolution Version: 1.8.x

Hello playmates

If someone makes a comment on one post, and I want to move it to another one, can I do so?

Obviously with cut and paste I could make a new, identical comment and delete the old one, but is there an easier way?

Using 1.8.2.

2 Oct 27, 2007 18:46

The only other way is to hit mysql and change the post id of the comment in question ..... so I guess that's a "No"

It wouldn't be to hard to code a plugin to make it easier for you ..... but [url=http://b2evolution.net/downloads/index.html]1.8.2[/url] :roll: .... sheesh, I dunno if there are any antique plugins left :|

¥

3 Oct 27, 2007 19:00

Kinda figured as much. But thanks.

And editing the database directly? I durst not sir. You've got the measure of me for sure.

As for antiques, well 1.8.x works for me, and I've got 4 different installations and about 6 modified skins running it now, all souped up (with quite a bit of stuff from you for a start, cheers m8) so I'm waiting for a stable release of 2.x before I take a deep breath and start the long slog!!

4 Oct 29, 2007 18:32

editing the database is fairly easy.

hit pma and run the following

update evo_comments set comment_post_ID = #new post# where comment_ID = #comment ID ... weirdly enough #

¥

5 Nov 18, 2007 15:37

You're right - it was easier that I thought. Now I know how, although I'd like to see this as a feature one day, too!

Cheers.

Form is loading...