Recent Topics

1 Dec 02, 2007 13:43    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi, i've some problems when i try to restore my old blog database.
I use PhpMyAdmin with my new hosting and when i run the option "import database" with the .sql file of the old blog, the system give me this error:

#1044 - Access denied for user b2evo

I hope that this error can be solved.. i've loved my old blog and b2evo!!!

update: I think that the version of b2evo was 1.9.2 (i've not noticed the option while posting)

2 Dec 05, 2007 11:20

anyone can help me? 8|

3 Dec 05, 2007 12:00

Did you create the database manually? There should be a database to import the sql into.

Please report back to this topic.

Good luck

4 Dec 06, 2007 07:29

Maybe maybe not this will help?

My host has two different ways for me to get a copy of my database on my computer. If I use cpanel's "backup" utility I get a database_name.sql.gz file. If I use phpmyadmin to 'export' everything I get a database_name.sql file.

The first one (.sql.gz file) is really easy to upload via the "backup" utility, but gives me no opportunity to either pick and choose or customize what I restore.

The second method (.sql file) I can only use by opening it in a text editor and copy/pasting it to the "SQL" feature inside phpmyadmin. I've never tried the "import database" feature, so it's never let me down ;) If you have never tried copy/pasting from a text editor you might want to :) (hint: big databases suck because the file size is HUGE so I open the file in a text editor and select one table's worth of stuff at a time for copy/pasting.

5 Dec 08, 2007 06:55

Glast,

On your new host, make the DB and add a user named "b2evo" (though, if I remember, importing a DB is "user independent")

Curious to see how you get on with this.

Form is loading...