Recent Topics

1 Dec 05, 2007 05:29    

Sorry for dragging an oldish thread to the top again.

I applied this to my 1.9.x version and have just added it to my 2.2.x version. Its great though have recently dscovered that yes, it works on the normal comments page but when you view comments via the "Most recent" or "Most popular" links it reverts back to the old way, also on "comment preview", ie.

In response to: Post title
Name · visitor · · http://www.website.com

Ive hunted for where to fix this but its alluding me. Only need instructions for 2.2.x. Any ideas?

Thank you

2 Dec 05, 2007 05:35

Hi sallym,

I took the liberty to split your question from the old thread. Though it contains some useful information, a 1.9 blog is not comparable with 2.2.0.
The post you referred to is [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=7335] Comments: Make Author Name into URL Link[/url]

To give the first part of the answer, I think you want this array;

<?php
     $Item->author( array(
     'before'       => T_('By'),
     'after'        => ' ',
     ) );
 ?>

Is it already in the comments? Does it work there?

Unfortunately most of these arrays are not yet documented, so my knowledge ends here. The idea is that you can add items to the array (like a link to a website) and they will show up. If only I knew the magic formula. You'll have to wait for some one else to answer that.

Good luck

3 Dec 05, 2007 05:45

Thanks Afwas. You're saying I should be ignoring all of that previous thread?

This array can be found/needs to be added to the _item_feedback.inc.php? or somewhere else?

This is where I changed the code according to the previous thread.

4 Dec 05, 2007 05:55

This is the exact code you're after:

$Comment->permanent_link( T_('Comment') );
echo ' '.T_('from:').' ';
$Comment->author();
$Comment->msgform_link( $Blog->get('msgformurl') );
$Comment->author_url( '', ' &middot; ', '' );

As you can see it's with the author's URL.
You'll need to find the similar code in the places where the URL is not shown and add that line.

Unfortunately it's way past bedtime, so I'm off.

Good luck

5 Dec 05, 2007 08:35

All done B)

Edited lines in _item_feedback.inc.php and found the "Recent comments" etc in /skins/_comments.disp.php (for anyone else who may be looking).

Another one down! nb.

Form is loading...