Recent Topics

1 Dec 11, 2007 20:24    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I can't find this anywhere in the docs. I go to the 'blog settings' tab and hit the 'list' button and a 'New blog...' link is at the bottom of the screen. But what next ? Specifically, how to set the 'Blog Folder URL:' and 'Preferred access type:' ? I have tried taking all defaults and also typing names, but the .PHP file in the 'URL preview' does not get created. I tried renaming A and B blogs but that failed in the same way (i.e. a 404 error when I try to access the non-existent file).
Thanks.

2 Dec 12, 2007 04:04

If you are using stub files you will have to create it for b2evolution to be able to use it. Copy an existing stub, edit it so that - at least - it knows the new blog number, and save it with the new name you wanted to use.

Hope that's on track!

3 Dec 12, 2007 10:33

Thanks for the reply. I'm not using stub files. Just bog standard files that I hope are created automatically as I don't know PHP programming. I don't know where to look for a blog number. If I copy index.php to newblogname.php will that do ?

4 Dec 12, 2007 11:37

If you are trying to create URLs that include something like "newblogname.php" then you are trying to use stub files. b2evolution will NOT create those files, so you would have to.

A link to your blog will help.

If you want to copy a file to create a new stub, don't use "index.php". Instead copy "a_stub.php" as "newblogname.php" and open it up in a plain text editor. Or a good file editor, but not something like MS Word. Scroll through the file a bit and you'll see

$blog = 2;   	// 2 is for "demo blog A" or your upgraded blog (depends on your install)

That is how the stub file knows which blog is important to it. To find what the blog number is for any given blog you can hover your mouse over it's name in your blog listing (in the back office - not the public side) and notice the URL in the bottom of your browser window. In there somewhere will be the blogs number.

A link to your blog makes this go a lot quicker!

Alternatively, let us know what you have for your Blog settings -> select a blog -> general -> Blog URL parameters.

Oh and if you're not too far into it you might want to upgrade to 1.10.3 because it is the most stablest version released to date. It is a lot like 1.9.3 but quite a few releases after.

5 Dec 15, 2007 12:42

Apologies for the delay and thanks for the advice. I have now got the blog working very quickly although I will have to go back and tidy up when I get time. Your answer helped me realise I needed to put just ".PHP" and no more in the file name. I'm sure this could be done more elegantly, but I'm just happy to get it working as a stub.

I'd be very happy to upgrade to 1.10 or even 2.0 but I don't know how and did not find any documentation on it.

Form is loading...