Recent Topics

1 Dec 12, 2007 04:54    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

My search has turned up lots of hits, but I've not found a solution for 2.2, so this is probably going to look like a re-hash of lots of those threads. Anyone got a simple fix that works for this:

http://mydomain.dev/jim/blog/welcome/welcome-to-b2evolution
404, file not found.

The URL looks that way because I set the option Blog Settings -> (myBlog) -> Advanced -> Blog Base URL to relative to mybase URL, which you can grok from my example. My stub is called index.php, and if I set this option to use index.php at the end, sure, it works perfectly, but all of the permalinks contain the ugly index.php in URL.

Obviously I need to screw around with my .htacess file, and somehow stick index.php into the path. But then I'll have to put in a whole heck of a lot of logic to deal with static files, and change it every time I add a blog in a similar fashion.

Is there no generic mechanism using a single redirect a la Cake? A dispatcher is called which automatically tests most of the possibilities and just magically routes things so they work with pretty URL's. None of the Docs refer to 2.0+, so I don't know if I'd be recreating the wheel by writing a generic dispatcher myself, or what. Any ideas?

2 Dec 12, 2007 17:27

Ah, forget it. In order to not break the way everything works, I just got lazy and used this for the time being:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^.*/blog/.*$
RewriteRule ^(.*)(/blog/)(.*)$ $1$2index.php/$3 [QSA,L]

Form is loading...