Recent Topics

1 Dec 16, 2007 00:43    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Does anyone know if there is a way setup the Categories so that people can only click on subcategories, and not on the top categories.

Example. I have a category called ARTISTS, and under it a bunch of band names. I want only the band names (subcategories) to be active/clickable.

Think I saw this on someones b2evo site recently.

Cheers.

APK
I'm using 2.2
(that version box above is shot)

2 Dec 16, 2007 00:54

In your ... heck I don't know anymore but in a file in your skin (possibly items.main.php, but maybe also others) try this where it calls the categories:

$Item->categories( array(
					'include_main'    => false,

You might find cases where you're still seeing the main category. That would be due to the new file structure, so it's kinda hard to say EXACTLY what files you will need to edit. single.main.php makes the categories bit on a single post page, so you'll want that one too. Looks like it's in posts.main.php as well. All that from the evopress skin by the way. YSMV!

3 Dec 16, 2007 01:57

Many thanks for this ... gives me something to look for.

But just to be clear on one thing (which I was not clear on in my first post), I do still want the main category visible, just not active. Not sure if your solution still leaves it visible or not. But I will check it out.

APK

4 Dec 16, 2007 17:06

AFAIK it will remove the category entirely. The options available, with regard to this particular detail, are to "include or not" main cats and sub-cats and this weird thing called external cats. THEN you can decide to link them or not. Therefore I deduce that showing mains and linking subs will be quite difficult.

Form is loading...