Recent Topics

1 Dec 20, 2007 00:13    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I've had your script running for a week or so and everything's been working great. Tried to post today, and while I can post, I can no longer use the "link" button in the form. I can cut and paste a url link from an html editor and the link will work, just not by using the button. I'm pretty sure I didn't change any settings between last night and today (when it worked last) and I've looked around and don't even see where I could've screwed it up. Thanks in advance for the help!

John

2 Dec 20, 2007 00:24

Have you checked if you have Javascript turned off?

I'm guessing you haven't but its the first thing I can think of.

3 Dec 20, 2007 00:58

It's turned on.
John

4 Dec 20, 2007 01:08

Hi johnnyv,

Try removing and (re) installing the quicktags plugin. That's where the bar is created.

Good luck

5 Dec 20, 2007 01:12

ok, I will. In a related vein, the YouTube button isn't working either so it isn't just the url button. Thanks for the tip, I'll go try that now.

6 Dec 20, 2007 01:17

I uninstalled the quicktags plugin and reinstalled, same result

7 Dec 20, 2007 01:23

If you turn the YouTube plugin off, do the movies in the posts still show?

The YouTube plugin shoul not work in 2.x, post your video's with the (all new) Video plugin. You find that in the install new plugins section.

So disable the YouTube plugin and hopefully the <link> starts working again. It doesn't hurt to hit the Tools -> Misc -> Delete Prerendered Items cache link.

Good luck

8 Dec 20, 2007 01:36

i turned the quicktags plugin off and the videos still work in the blog. i don't have a separate youtube plugin, if that's what you mean. the url (link) button is on a different row, but neither button works. i'll go hit the Tools -> Misc -> Delete Prerendered Items cache link. now

9 Dec 20, 2007 02:02

I'm not sure what happened, i never deleted the blah blah blah but i did uninstall the video module and the quiktags module and reinstalled them. I was about to hit the Tools -> Misc -> Delete Prerendered Items cache link but thought i'd try and see if they were working and they are now. Before i just uninstalled the quiktags plugin and it didn't work, but uninstalling both did the trick. should i still hit the Tools -> Misc -> Delete Prerendered Items cache link?

10 Dec 20, 2007 02:37

should i still hit the Tools -> Misc -> Delete Prerendered Items cache link?

I think it's pretty safe to hit it :)

11 Dec 20, 2007 03:05

Good, cuz i already did. i was just a little nervous cuz i didn't know what caused my problems and didn't want to multiply them. Thanks a million for all the help!

Form is loading...